CD Cataloging Software

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Blair G., Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member Thread Starter

Finally have a computer at home and would like to catalog my music.

What is everybody here using, if anything?

Am trying "Collectorz" on a demo and also plan to try "Keep Track".

I know there are others....

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I've been looking for a FREE CD program, like DVD PROFILER...have yet to find one:(

3. billh

billh Senior Member

There were a lot of posts on this subject not too long ago. I don't know how to put a thread address here, but if you do a search on collectorz.com you'll find them. I bought that after reading everybody's comments and so far I'm satisfied.

4. BeatleFred

BeatleFred Senior Member

I use the program at: www.base40.com which I like a lot especially as there is no typing involved to list the datatbase, unless you manually want to write something, just stick the cd in the drive and the pgm automatically does the rest.

5. Lon

Lon Senior Member

I use Cd Trustee which is what Beatle Fred uses. Recommended!:thumbsup:

6. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

We discussed this a couple of weeks ago. Look here:

Who Uses Computer Software to Track Their Music Collection?

7. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

I use CaTraxx. It costs $40, but it is pretty detailed as far as CD credits etc. It runs off of CDDB and all you have to do is insert the disc. It is correct about 98% of the time as far as titles and tracklisting goes. You may have to go back and fill in the all the credits on some stuff. I am up to R right now and haven't even gone back yet to do that.

8. FatherMcKenzie

FatherMcKenzie Forum Resident

The upgrade of Music Collector (collectorz.com) to version 6 is a marked improvement in being able to scan discs and download information and cover graphics (front only) automatically.

Don't know much about other software in this area or if this deserves further critiquing, but this appears to be a good thing.

9. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

10. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

It's what I use! :thumbsup:

11. Paul C.

Paul C. Senior Member

CATraxx is excellent. Worth trying the demo. Amazing array of options, and is very stable. Works well with CDDB. I major upgrade is due soon, and I think if you buy it now, the next version will be free (wthin a period of a few months).

The author of the program is constanly upgrading it and he responds to user feedback. Bugs are always dealt with quickly. I can't speak too highly re the suppor tfor the software - it's about the best support I've seen in the software game.

12. mjb

mjb Senior Member

Just wanted to echo Paul's and Bob's comments on CATraxx... I've been (very) slowly entering titles into the DB, although I'm not currently using the CDDB features. It's a very good program; you can download the demo for free and play around it with it to see if it will meet your needs.

13. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Re: Re: CD Cataloging Software

Me too. Nothing exists that I know of :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.