CD/DVD Audio Errors/Glitches Database

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris Haley, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Haley

Chris Haley Music Lover Lurker Thread Starter

Hi, I wanted to ask everybody if they could list any cds that had production errors and if they were corrected or not? I have a list to start the thread and would be grateful for any help. I have many boxsets, deluxe reissues, and such so I just want to be sure I haven't missed anything. I really appreciate all the help everybody has given me on this forum. I would still have cds with mistakes without you all. Thanks!

Genesis 1983-1998 Boxset: Extra Tracks CD error Track 2 Hearts on Fire starts abruptly after Track 1 On The Shoreline before the CD is actually on Track 2. It then starts over again correctly when CD is on track 2. Per Dr. Rhino no corrected copies were issued. He also said the 1970-1975 and 1976-1982 boxes had no issues.

Rush Sector I and II: Sector I Fly By Night CD glitches (replacements issued). Sector II Farewell To Kings DVD-A errors (replacements issued).

Rolling Stones Singles Boxset 1971-2006 "I Think I'm Going Mad" B-side to "She Was Hot" has an audio glitch (replacements issued).

The Beatles Capitol Albums vol II boxset: Incorrect Mono mixes Beatles VI and Rubber Soul (replacements issued but no longer being issued currently).

Jethro Tull Thick As A Brick 40th Anniversary DVD-A errors (replacements issued).

Jethro Tull Aqualung 40th Anniversary DVD-A minor errors (no replacements issued).

Bob Dylan Bootleg vol 10 Dlx Ed: Self-Portrait Remaster Song "Copper Kettle" glitch at 48 seconds. Corrected on subsequent pressings.

Thin Lizzy Fighting Dlx Ed: Disc 2 Track 2 Rosalie (US mix) but really UK mix. Replacements issued.

Thin Lizzy Johnny The Fox Dlx Ed had an incorrect tracklisting on the backcover. I have one where the backcover still has Disc 2 track 6 as Johnny The Fox Meets Jimmy The Weed instead of just Johnny but the booklet tracklisting is correct.

Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous Dlx Ed DVD is in mono sound. Not corrected, packaging on future pressings won't advertise a surround and stereo mix.

Thin Lizzy Jailbreak Dlx Ed also had issues with the tracklistings, but I bought a later corrected copy.

2. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Great thread!

john lennonist and Chris Haley like this.
  3. Maggie

Maggie like a walking, talking art show

Spiritualized - Lazer Guided Melodies (1996 US reissue with 4 tracks). "Angel Sigh" plays for a minute, then starts over about 5 seconds in. Never corrected, still the most common version.

Chris Haley likes this.
  4. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Depeche Mode-A Question Of Time false start Euro editions do not have this problem, SACD/DVD editions, the glitch has even been transferred over the the HDtracks version also, must be only on US editions

negative1 and Chris Haley like this.
  5. Chris Haley

Kubricker likes this.
  6. onionmaster

onionmaster Tropical new waver from the future

European CDs of Type O Negative's Bloody Kisses have the last note of almost every track appear at the beginning of the next one. Maybe it's like that on other pressings, I don't know.

The Digipak and Top Shelf reissues corrected this.

rbichamp and Chris Haley like this.
  7. c-eling

Interesting, My US jewel does not have this issue or any other US, I also have the mini lp box made in EU and they must have fixed the indexing issues, no problems on that box either

8. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

You forgot to mention the audio glitches on the Blu Ray of Aqualung, on the original mix in high resolution.

john lennonist and Chris Haley like this.
  9. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

I used to have a US-issued CD of U2's POP album that had an indexing error between "Playboy Mansion" and "If You Wear That Velvet Dress" that included a fraction of a second of the last note of the previous song in the timing of the next. Not present on the Japanese CD I eventually replaced it with.

Chris Haley likes this.
  10. Chris Haley

Thank you for that correction. Also, I appreciate all the help from everyone so far.

11. onionmaster

onionmaster Tropical new waver from the future

Yup, definitely like this on mine. I always thought they did it on purpose, because they were known on other recordings for cutting the last notes of tracks off (several tracks on October Rust do it), but maybe not.

12. Chris Haley

Bob Dylan Complete Albums Collection Vol. I: Hard Rain has glitches on "Oh Sister" at 8 seconds and 3:53.
    I emailed Sony Music today. Kristi informed Amazon about the glitches on the MP3 (same as on CD). Amazon UK has the boxset "under review" as of this post.
    No word yet on replacements......

goodboyfred likes this.
  13. Chris Haley

Bob Dylan Complete Albums Collection Vol I Hard Rain CD replaced via [email protected].

14. c-eling

Oh the cutting of the song like mid note? Yes I'm sure that was done purposely, It's that way on the vinyl of October Rust also

onionmaster likes this.
  15. c-eling

Suck's, I was hoping for a few more Negative albums before Steele's demise

16. Chris Haley

Now customers must contact [email protected] to request a corrected Hard Rain CD be sent to them. This address can also be used to request a corrected Self Portrait to replace the faulty disc from Bootleg vol 10 deluxe edition.

17. Jeffrey_T

Jeffrey_T Active Member

"Queen Rocks" from 1997 has a nasty squeaky glitch during the vocal intro to 'Fat Bottomed Girls'. I mentioned it along with some other errors in a letter to Queen's resident engineer dude, Justin Shirley-Smith and his response was
    By '1998 and 2001 versions' he's referring to the "Jazz" album. Rocks was never corrected as far as I know. So I'd avoid the 1994 remaster of 'Jazz' too.

Chris Haley likes this.
  18. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

Rush-Snakes and Arrows: The original US CD has a glitch/bad edit just before the second verse on the final track, "We Hold On." It makes it sound like Neil's timing is off, which we all know isn't really possible. :)

Someone in this forum reported that this error has been fixed on the recent Atlantic era box set, but I haven't heard it so I can't say for sure.

Jimmy Agates and Chris Haley like this.
  19. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

Eric Johnson - Ah Via Musicom

Apparently the original 5.1 mix was created with incorrect solos and incorrect takes were used to create it. I have a copy of disc.

Chris Haley likes this.
  20. Chris Haley

CCR 2001 boxset (also on 2013 reissue of boxset): One to two second drop-out on Commotion (live) disc 5, track 24 at 0.42-0.43 seconds into song. No replacements issued.

21. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

The live box had an indexing issue (I believe) on "Seconds Out". Corrected copies were issued.

HanowarHAIL, pscreed and Chris Haley like this.
  22. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

Chris Haley likes this.
  23. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

I like it but had no point of reference as this was first and so far only Eric Johnson purchase

24. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

The quad mix on the DVD of Ten Years After's "A Space in Time" has the front and rear channels switched.

Panama Hotel and Chris Haley like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.