DCC Archive CD+G

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DanG, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street Thread Starter

I just installed my new PlexWriter CD-RW. I noted it supports CD+G (graphics). I have one CD that said it has this, Little Feat's Representing the Mambo. But on playing it I don't see any special graphics. Am I missing something?

This CD was issued in 1990, I notice CD+G did not catch on like wildfire. I even caught a reference to Karoake?

2. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Senior Member

By supporting the +G it means it will copy the discs. You still have to have a CD+G player with a video output to watch the discs. They did catch on for the Karaoke folks-- you can buy them today. Unlike the large Laservideo discs that had whole videos with the lyrics, the CD+G has just the words and still pictures. I don't believe there is a CD+G player program for the PC, but I could be wrong.

3. DanG

Ah! Thanks for the info. Too bad, I thought I was finally going to see what CD+G was all about.

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: justhefax ]

4. DanG

Just on a lark I searched Google for "CD+G software". There are programs, for both Mac and PC, some even freeware. But I don't think I'm going to pursue it.

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I have Lou Reed's "New York" and the ol' No-Noised Jimi Hendrix' "Smash hits" that was CD-G encoded. I have a Panasonic walkman-style Disc player that plays VCD and CD-G. Heck don't waste your time finding a player to look at the graphics. The "show" is lame and most lava lamps and color lights you can find for $10 at head-shops are easier to enjoy, and are much nicer to watch...if that's your game...but...eh...blah - forget it!

But no. CD-G was a nice idea that went dry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.