CDDB issues with the new Elvis CD.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jamie Tate, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member Thread Starter

I put the new "Elvis" CD I bought last night into my computer to load into my iPod (using iTunes). Besides saying the artist was Capt'n Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters ( :laugh: Wasn't that from That Thing You Do?) it came up with some really funky track names. It was obviously done by some SH.TV member since it names the Bob Lovely Rag and Ed Bishop Boogie as some of the track titles. :biglaugh: (Are we the only ones buying these CD's?)

Can someone else put this CD into iTunes (or similar program) that gets info from CDDB. I'm wondering if this is real or if one of my friends is playing a joke on me.

2. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Jamie - did you try to load it into Exact Audio Copy? That uses freedb.org. I know that you want to load it into itunes, I don't know if there is a way for iTunes to use freedb instead of cddb.

3. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member Thread Starter

Don't have that.

That's a good idea. I'll nose around the preferences to see. Thanks.

4. Another Side

Another Side Senior Member

I must have beaten you to it. I got nothing from CDDB when I put Elvis into my computer. I was going to try to put it in again to see if I got the song titles…

The way CDDB works is that users put in that information, so someone must have put that in. Someone will eventually get around to putting the songs in and submitting them, but it’s impossible to erase the other info. So when you put the CD in it will say: “there is more than one CD that matches…”

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Jamie,

Anyone can create a log for any CD. If it's screwed up, you can fix it and submit it. Future users such as we, will simply have our pick of which log we want associated with that particular CD.

I usually don't fix the database because it takes too much time. I mean, who wants to fix a log when they are busy trying to rip CDs? I have done a few CDs over the years, and I try to be as accurate and thorough as possible.

Looks like Ed Bishop and Bob Lovely's gettin' famous! :laugh:

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

BTW, Jamie, most programs that use CDDB will let you customize the track listings and submit them. You can do it in CD Creator and Nero, to name a couple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.