CDUniverse.com - $10 off $20

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by JorgeGvb, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member Thread Starter

I found this one a Hot Deals website...

CDUniverse.com - $10 off $20, code: gbuy10

This is a good deal if you already have a Google/Gmail account or don't mind signing up for one. You can get $20 worth of music, movies, or games for about $14 shipped.

1. Browse through CDUniverse.com for music, movies, games, game accessories, etc. Choose anything, including pre-orders.
    2. Add just over $20 to your cart.
    3. When you are ready to check out, view your cart and click the "Google Checkout" as shown here.
    4. Create a new Google Checkout account, or log in with your existing Google/Gmail account.
    5. When the Review Order page appears, click "Enter coupon" as shown here.
    6. Enter code gbuy10 to get $10 off.

FYI... You can go to www.hotdealsclub.com for more info. This is where I got it from. This site have been a very reliable site for deals for me over the past few years.

2. taxman150

taxman150 Forum Resident

Thanks Jorge!

3. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley New Member

:hurl::realmad: Offer redeemable only for customers in the United States. :realmad: :hurlleft:

5. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

You can always move. :D

mud-:D

6. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley New Member

:love: love to... job offer..... hello..... anybody....?

7. JorgeGvb

Better move here fast, the borders are beginning to close! :wave:

8. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Looks like you are throwing up on yourself..................... :D :D

9. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

For some odd reason it wouldn't allow changing of the shipping option. It only allowed standard, so I guess I'm in for a bit of a wait. Still $21.77 for a couple of recently released Can SACDs is a pretty good deal.

10. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley New Member

:help: :winkgrin:

11. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Makes ya wonder if they have other coupon codes like $50 off $100!

12. Oyama

Oyama Senior Member

Too bad!

13. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Thanks, Jorge!

I now have two Steve-remastered classics - Deep Purple WDWTWA and Bad Company - on the way!

14. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Can this offer be done multiple times using different email addresses, or do they check for duplicates?

15. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

How does it work?

Could someone who's taken advantage of this discount explain how it works? Are you asked to open a Google account? What kind---Gmail, or something different?

16. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

It's an account sort of like Paypal. You put in the credit card number you want to use and then if you pay using Google that card gets charged. Not objectionable at all to me. You give them any email address you already have so you're not creating a new gmail email or whatever that is.

17. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Well, I received my two Can SACDs today from CD Universe. First time I'd bought anything from them. Probably the last time too. They use jiffy bags. They just tossed both the disks in there with no other packaging materials. One case survived, one didn't. I'm glad these are standard jewel cases.

18. JorgeGvb

If you contact them through the website with your order number, they will send you a replacement jewel case.

19. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

Packaging

I received my package on Monday, also in a padded bag, with two digi-paks inside. They were not damaged. I don't know which packaging type is best. Jewel cases seem to break in any package, cardboard or envelope. About one out of four cases from Yourmusic are damaged, and they use cardboard boxes. Tower's packaging is mediocre, but it depends on which facility is shipping the item. Barnes and Noble seems to have consistently solid cardboard packaging.

CD Connection follows the CD Universe model of low pricing, no free shipping, and good service. Their packaging is cardboard, last I checked, and sturdy.

20. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I'm going try this out.

Though I'm in Canada I use a US ship to.

Trouble is, this deal started June 28. I placed an order two days that I could have cashed in on :(

21. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

One time?

Shall I assume that this discount only works one time?

22. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Thanks for the tip. Just used it to pre-order my copy of the duophonic Pet Sounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.