Cell phones

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TSmithPage, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Agreed about Sprint. The company I worked for a couple of years ago gave all of the outside sales staff, and the warehouse drivers, Nextel phones. Thing is, it cost them a small fortune due to Nextel's old pricing plans. ($100-$150/month per phone!) I jumped on board and had a good two-phone plan, which sort of opened the floodgates for their better pricing plans. I tried to tell them to get on a different pricing plan (which would have dropped it to $59/month), but they ignored me...and instead, replaced all the phones with Sprint. Since the sales territory was spread out, we had a rash of sales people who could no longer make the calls they were able to. And they weren't even in rural areas! Outlying areas, yes, but every other cellular company had coverage in those areas. The one salesman at our branch switched his digital Sprint phone over to analog, and left it there. Cost them a small fortune since they now had to pay roaming charges.

I know it varies widely between providers, but at least in Detroit, Sprint just wasn't a good option back then. Nextel covers just about everywhere I want to go in the state, except for Michigan's upper peninsula, where none of the big providers have service anyway.

I bought a data cable so I could upgrade my own phones, install MIDI ring tones and small Java apps, etc. In fact, when I bought the second i90, it had an older software version that I was able to upgrade, which added a couple of new features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.