Charles Schulz's 'Peanuts' Film to Hit Theaters November 2015

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Here's the YouTube link from Fox.

Vidiot likes this.
  2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

So the movie is called "Snoopy & Charlie Brown: A Peanuts Movie"? That seems like an awfully wordy title. I guess they just had to cram the words "Snoopy", "Charlie Brown", and "Peanuts" in there somehow.

I admit I wasn't expecting them to use Linus & Lucy in the trailer but I'm glad they did.

EdgardV likes this.
  3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

More than a year away?

4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, lately if movie companies think they have a big hit on their hands, they'll start up the promotion for it way, way far in advance.

5. AKA

AKA Senior Member

It will be just Peanuts in North America, but international markets will use the longer title.

6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Interesting... Maybe the character names are more familiar to people than the strip name in some countries?

AKA likes this.
  7. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

3-D.......PAH! Stop hogging all the screens so I can see "The Grand Budapest Hotel", dammit.

I'm glad Peanuts continues to live on in new programs. There's no reason for it to die with Schultz. That said, I found the "Happiness is a Warm Puppy" movie or whatever it was called to be dark, creepy and cold. This at least looks like its keeping with the Peanuts tradition. And I hope it's release provokes the following events:

1) Paramount DVD releases of "Race for your Life, Charlie Brown" and "Bon Voyage Charlie Brown"

2) Warner Bros to stop farting around and issue the "80's Collection" and "The 90's Collection" so I can finally sleep at night.

MikeyP likes this.
  8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

As long as there are no fart jokes in the movie in a lame attempt to be "edgy" to appeal to modern kids, I'll be happy.

EdgardV likes this.
  9. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I can't believe they haven't released Race.. and Bon Voyage yet. There has to be some kind of legal hold-up, right?

10. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I was really impressed with the animation. A mix of CGI and claymation with a hint of traditional handdrawn. Very nicely done, a LOT better than what I was expecting. It seems they're actually approaching this project with reverence to the original vs other similar types of projects.

Dr. Bogenbroom likes this.
  11. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

No doubt, I'm tired of screens being hogged by both 2D and 3D versions of the same crap movies.

12. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

The one thing I did notice was the lighting on this...looks kind of washed out. They kind of did the same thing for the life insurance commercials with Snoopy. I'm not a huge fan of that look.

13. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, it looked like there was a very bright spotlight on him. Kind of distracting!

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

15. SgtPepper1983

SgtPepper1983 Forum Resident

I think the trailer looks and feels fantastic!

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

We'll probably get Nine Inch Nails doing an industrial "reimagining" of Guaraldi's original score.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  17. music4life

music4life Senior Member

I wouldnt be too sure about that yet. They are using his score in the trailer...

18. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

My biggest hope is that they do use an all-Vince score, that it gets people asking about him and that it somehow helps to finally get The Anatomy Of Vince Guaraldi released in some home format. I can't believe how long it's been since that has been made (almost 5 years since work in progress print), and after having so looked forward to it, that I still haven't been able to see it. It was supposed to be on Blu-ray in 2012.

It is nice to at least hear his music in the trailer, except it drives me crazy they way they chop up music for things like that.

EdgardV likes this.
  19. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Schultz himself admitted that Peppermint Patty was modeled after his lesbian cousin. That said, nothing overtly sexual would be appropriate in a story about kids. Also, I've already read that there is no rapping Snoopy.

20. cathandler

cathandler Hyperactive!

If this comes within shouting distance of "Snoopy, Come Home" (which had words and music by the Sherman Brothers, not Vince Guaraldi) I'll be happier than with a warm puppy...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  21. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

That actually looks pretty good. If they can keep the humor and feel of the old cartoons, and if the music is good, this could be a fun movie.

22. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan Thread Starter

Noticed that Charlie Brown is wearing long pants....

23. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

He did wear
    Maybe it's early spring and still a bit chilly out. :)

He actually wore long pants in the early years of the strip, I believe.

izgoblin likes this.
  24. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

It really looks like the view master characters somebody posted
    I have some of those. I am not liking it. Peanuts,
    is kind of squiggle comic strip rather one dimensional
    compared to other comics out there.
    It was better left as animated cel cartoon
    than CGI . Not everything magical with CGI.

As far as letting Schultz legacy dying not hardly.
    With over abundance collectables out there.

Pinky And The Brain Movie, would be much better.

25. That's because it's Linus who's going to rock the mic in this movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.