cheap 6-channel interconnects?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by krabapple, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krabapple

krabapple New Member Thread Starter

Is anyone making these yet? I've looked for a Radio Shack version of
    6-ch analog interconnects for DVD-A and SACD players, but they don't seem to make any. I want a bundled set, 6 plugs at each end, preferably color-coded.

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

You may use 2 A/V RCA sets. They are notoriously White/Red/Yello. (heh)

Use two and mark the second one. Use a sharpie or laundry marker. Easy beans. Want bundled? Use electrical tape. I mention these because RS has girthy-heavy gold plated ones. They will possibly outlast your kids.

There are also RCA 6-jack sets for tape decks. Red, yellow, blue, green, white....umm orange? The set exists.

Note: This all depends on receiver or playback setup. My Rotel uses a Parallel port cable to 6 RCAs. Also, DVD-A machines don't always have analog outs. Sometimes you MUST use the single coax RCA to the reciever/pre and PCM to 6-Channel is handled from the input unit. I'm sure you know what it looks like back there :)

SACD=Analog jacks, period. Only exception is listening to CD, which can go optical-out if desired.

You may DIY your own. That is very recommended.

3. krabapple

krabapple New Member Thread Starter

(DIY suggestions etc)

This is exactly what I no longer want to do.

By now, I'm guessing someone has started marketing 6-lead interconnects.

4. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Not exactly cheap, but someone is starting to produce 3-channel interconnects. You would still need two sets.
    I am using a couple of sets of thier Oxyfuels and am pretty happy with them so far.

Zu cable VARIAL 3-channel 1.0m interconnects
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1380261652

5. keep amonte

keep amonte New Member

I used the Rat Shack Gold series with small zip ties and tiny color stickers to differentiate. I used 8 interconnects and one digital coax for my SCDC-222ES to my DA5ES for under $70.00 total.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.