Cheap vinyl from DealMTN

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Brendan K, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident Thread Starter

I found dealmtn.com a couple months ago, and although their vinyl selection (similar to Merchandise Outlet) is slim, and extremely variable (for example, they have a copy of Adele's 19 for $235. Why?), some records are on their site listed for extremely cheap.

The site is a pain to look through, and a lot of the listings that appear have no option to buy (sold out, but not removed from site) so I figured I'd organize some available listings below, if anyone's interested.
    Free shipping above $25 (otherwise $4.99), and free returns.

Pentatonix - Pentatonix (limited edition white vinyl) - $2.00 (14 copies remain)
    Zac Brown Band - Jekyll + Hyde - $2.00 (only three copies remain)
    Quarantine the Past - The Best of Pavement - $7.58 (one copy left)
    Holy Terror - Mind Wars - $8.96 (one copy left)
    William Shatner - The Transformed Man (limited edition red vinyl) - $7.05 (one copy left)

Mike N. likes this.
  2. Mike N.

Mike N. Forum Resident

3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Some excellent deals. Totally crap website, though.

This appears to be mostly/all Amazon overstock castoff stuff.

4. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Found this rare item right underneath a Bowie title.........

[​IMG]

5. stimpdad

stimpdad Member

The Organic Pineapple Slices are my favorite band! I have their first album on yellow pineapple scented vinyl.

6. hype

hype Forum Resident

This site is god awful imo. The very first thing I ordered last year when they had free shipping no matter the amount I got a single record with no problems but that streak ended real quick. The next order I did was 2 items which both were cancelled about a week later saying they did not have them which was frustrating but forgivable.

Then my third and final order which I actually just received will def. be my last. I started out with 7 items and a couple days later I got a notice saying one of the items were out of stock but then a few days later the rest of the 6 items shipped. Well over a week later I finally get my order and only 3 of the 7 items were inside which were all pretty much what I added lastly to get over 25 for free shipping. I waited another 3-4 days thinking maybe there was a second box or something but nothing ever came. I finally emailed them and they told me sorry and issued a refund for those 4 items which was super shady since I just would not have gotten any notice or refund if I did not initiate it. Honestly, the three items I ended up with are hardly even a good deal anymore without the other 4 items and on top of all that all three were clearly not brand new like the site suggested.

One last thing I will say is I have sent three separate emails over the last year asking about a couple listings I was not sure if they were cd or vinyl and none of them were answered.

Complete opposite from Merchandise Outlet where I only have good things to say about them in all regards.

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well, it sounds like a flaming pile, then. I did place an order (before I saw your comment). Hope some of it shows up. I will be sure to follow up if the pack count is short.

Thankfully I used PayPal, so they don't have my credit card info and can't charge me more. And PayPal will stand behind me if there are any shenanigans.

8. hype

hype Forum Resident

To me, it seemed like the things I bought that were great deals they realized and said those were out of stock after the fact while letting the other stuff ship. I know a family member ordered once from them (from my recommendation at the time) and received only a part of there order as well and had to also contact them for a refund. Both cases they issued the refund pretty quickly so I think you will be fine even if you do not receive all of your order, just make sure you stay on top of it! Good luck though, I hope you get everything and I am curious to see how it all goes for anyone else.

9. Brendan K

That's what I figured. If they don't ship my whole order, oh well. I'll get a refund. If they do, fantastic! :righton:

10. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I did a search under "Vinyl". A lot of great deals came back, once I waded thru the food and other items. Several Simon and Garfunkle's, Bob Dylan's Greatest, Rush, 2112, etc.. all for $2 each. Problem is, none of the listings clearly indicated they were LPs. In fact, the listings that had "LP" written n them, were usually considerably higher priced. Has anybuddy had experience ordering from these guys, and getting vinyl, from a listing that didn't explicitly list vinyl as the medium?

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Some of those hits that come back for "vinyl" but don't list as vinyl are certainly NOT vinyl. This comes up in a "vinyl" search, for example, and it doesn't exist on vinyl:

[​IMG]

So I'd assume all those listings that come up when you search for vinyl, but which aren't listed as vinyl or LP, are probably CDs.

DLD likes this.
  12. Brendan K

I messaged them, and they didn't give me a valid answer. However, even if it's CDs, that's still a fantastic price for something brand new.

13. Brendan K

Pentatonix order came in; records are perfect. Bargain for $2! Still not sure if I'll order from them again purely off of customer service responses and the awfulness that is the website, but if something like that comes into stock again I'll definitely consider.

14. Mike N.

Mike N. Forum Resident

Ordered 6 items. They were only able to fulfill 1 item. I received a refund for the other 5. Disappointing.

15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Placed an order. Some things were canceled, but they refunded those proactively. The rest got to me, exactly as promised in good shape.

I would rate my experience as very good (although the web site itself is crap).

But now it appears the site has gone dormant. They've removed the buttons to check out.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Now it looks official. Go to DealMtn and find:

Sorry, this shop is currently unavailable.​

17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Anyone figured out if they moved to another site, or just closed their doors?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.