Cheapest SACDs for UK buyers?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnnyH, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member Thread Starter

Have any UK forum members found good deals on the Stones SACDs (or others), including postage? Any tips appreciated.
    Cheers
    John H.

2. mandrake

mandrake New Member

This thread has some useful info.

3. Mick Jones

Mick Jones Senior Member

The cheapest place for SACDs for UK buyers is still normally the US.

For example, if you buy a single Stones SACD (to stay below the £18 limit so no customs charges) from amazon.com for $12.98 (as I did for 'Let It Bleed') the shipping to the UK will be $5.98. This gives a total of $18.96 or about £12.21 at current exchange rates. Even if your credit card company uses worse exchange rates (as many do) you will still be paying quite a bit less than £13. I would expect that these disks may well be much more than £13 when they are eventually released here.

4. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

Good news me thinks

www.play.com are offering the Stones SACDs at £10.99 each including postage :) :) :D e.g http://www.playserver3.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=CD&title=108593

I've ordered hundreds of CDs and DVDs from these folk and they have always been the bees knees - they ship each disc individually from Jersey and although I have never had to pay duty on anything (which could happen on a single disc over £18) they have a policy of refunding the duty if it happens :)

All the best and happy shopping - Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.