Check out my new Grundig Console

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by kippy, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

That's a record rack from Urban Outfitters. There's a thread here decrying what an abomination it is. I think it's great.

ggergm likes this.
  2. Allyngr

Allyngr Forum Resident

Oh I like it, il keep an eye out for one

PhilBiker likes this.
  3. I feel you; however, life it too short. I'm not going to stress it all too much, because I bought my 1959 Grundig Majestic early stereo unit for that vintage sound. Then again, I don't have many expensive records.

Last night I played my minty Radiohead Hail to the Thief 45rps set on my Grundig and I was actually amazed at how Hi-Fi it sounded. I mean, there was a real palpable depth to the sound, despite the speakers being so close together. It was very full and and lifelike, only with a smaller stereo imagine. One wouldn't mistake it for high-end (I have a separate rig for that), but one might be surprised at how musical my Grundig is. I'm sure my acoustically treated room has something to do with that, though.

[​IMG]

4. charlie911

charlie911 Active Member

I’m new to the group. My Grundig still is the talk of the party. I’m still trying to attach a pic once I figure out how to on this forum

PhilBiker likes this.
  5. The FRiNgE

The FRiNgE Forum Resident

Congrats on the Grundig! My father won a Majestic 2077 table radio back in '57. I have a 2065 that operates perfectly and has that great hifi sound.

Photos can not be posted directly from your files, you must copy/paste from a picture host such as photobucket or facebook. (or your same model posted online) Open the image icon on this forum, copy/paste the url to it, and you're done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.