Check out this MFSL eBay auction please

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by teaser5, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy Thread Starter

Look at this eBay auction that I recently won please. I thought that there was some glare in the picture on the auction but sure enough the disc sealed inside the longbox that arrived today is upside down. Has anyone ever seen this before? I easily have over a hundred sealed gold longboxes and I've never seen this before. I would hate to bust this thing open but how else can I tell what's in there? If Oblio, Joachim, ***PL***, or any other MoFi collector sees this please hit me back.

Thanks-
    Cheers!
    Norm

2. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Norm -
    I just checked my MOFI disc. Unscientifically, I looked at the space tha contains no data on the edge of the disc and compared it to the picture. To my eye, It looks like the same amount of space as on mine. Don't know if this provides comfort.
    Can't remember how the longboxes came - a long time since I bought one.

3. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member

I Haven't seen a sealed MFSL longbox in quite some time , although I can never recall any of the discs being upside down. Does the seal look like it is factory sealed ? The seller has over 4000 positive feedback so I would not think that anything was intentional. That was a pretty good buy for a sealed longbox of Moody Blues "Days Of" .

4. teaser5

Oh yeah it was a great price. And the plastic on the thing is beautiful. Seal is nice; very new looking actually. I don't know. It's stuff like this that makes me see clearly what a stupid hobby it is to collect music that you don't listen to. :shh:
    Cheers-
    Norm

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Norm, can you make out the matrix code on the mirror band of the disc? Usually the matrix code is visible from the play side (though the characters may be backwards). Maybe the matrix code will help you identify the disc.

6. joachim.ritter

joachim.ritter Senior Member

I've never seen a sealed MFSL longbox item like that. But it looks cool!

Joachim

7. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Norm,

I was actually watching that auction. It was at $50 the whole time. I almost bid on it, but I was glad when I saw you won it.

It does look a bit suspicious. The disc is in backwards. I have never seen one like that. Might it be a reseal??

8. teaser5

Hey Jon:
    Yeah it's a pretty clean seal allright. Maybe too clean. I don't know though; I'm not in the mood to start another re-seal controversey here over fifty bucks. Maybe Joachim is right: it actually is kind of cool and is a conversation piece.
    Cheers-
    Norm

9. Ben

Ben New Member

Never seen one like that.

Suspicious....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.