Cher Remasters?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by antonkk, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone here knows if there are some old Cher records reissued lately? I mean her 75-77 stuff (Stars, I'd rather believe in you, Cherished and Allman and the woman) is yet to see the light of day on CD! The same goes for some of the 60's LPs like Jackson Highway. Too bad as these records arre really great and my vinyls are in terrible condition... I'd love to see all of her back catalogue remastered properly with some decent packaging as well...

2. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I haven't heard anything. I'm surprsed Rhino never did a best of the Warner Bros years for her mid-70's output when she was on that label. I have come to the realization that I think we are just going to see the catalog titles that sell consistently get remastered over and over again and lower selling catalog titles by major artists will just get cutout.

3. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

Does anyone WANT Cher remasters?

4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Mikey:

A thread capping insult directed at a new member?

I personally would love to see a first-time cd issue of Cher's album with Greg Allman, "Allman and Woman."

I guess that at least some people are interested in old Cher material, since her recent "best of" disc has sold quite well -- much better than I would have expected.

5. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

3614 Jackson Highway is available from Rhino Handmade, complete with tracks for a second Atco album that never saw the light of day until this CD release:

http://www.rhinohandmade.com/browse/ProductLink.lasso?Number=7733

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

No thread crapping allowed here, Mikey.

Everyone, please continue.

7. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member Thread Starter

Well, her 60's and 70's stuff is superb to my ears. She made some amazing records between 1964 and 1977. Her 1979-82 work was controversial, but still had a few good tunes IMHO. Even her modern era while being generally cheesy sometimes gives us a beautiful song or two. And some people (like me) have a special attraction to her voice. If you are turned off by her recent stuff (which is understandable), maybe you should check out some of her early years compilations? Be sure to be either blown away or at least surprised a lot!

8. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I have fond memories of her early stuff - she had quite a string of hits, if you'll remember!!! She has an amazing set of pipes, too! What a singer!!

I was not even aware that her early stuff was not on CD. :o It shows you how my "collection" has huge holes in it....

It would be interesting to hear some stuff on CD. Since she is now "retired" (isn't she?) maybe someone will do something about it - like Cher herself!!

9. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Mikey: yes. And, I will be seeing her in concert Wednesday night. But, I do understand where you are coming from.

10. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Oh, so she's still touring, Mark? Cool!

It's her "farewell tour", right?

She was shopping at Eatons once (all alone) and my aunt sold her some cosmetics. She said she was a nice person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.