"Cheyenne" star Clint Walker, RIP

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BradOlson, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

2. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

Loved watching Yellowstone Kelly as a kid

Glenn Christense and BradOlson like this.
  3. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

90 is a good run. R.I.P. Mr. Walker!

SandAndGlass and Karnak like this.
  4. BradOlson

You can get it on Warner Bros. Archive Collection DVD-R.

5. BradOlson

He also recorded an Inspirational album called "Inspiration" on Warner Bros. which has been issued on CD by Collector's Choice Music and later by Real Gone Music (the CD is OOP, but Amazon has the MP3s available for download). Clint Walker was a great actor as well.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  6. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

After Chuck Conners Rifleman, Clint Walter's Cheyenne was my favorite. RIP.

BradOlson and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  7. BradOlson

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

O'...he was my favorite Cowboy/Western star since I was a kid...Night Of the Grizzly and Cheyenne were my favorites...long life Rest In Peace. : (

BradOlson likes this.
  9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks Bradley...I didn't know of this.

10. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Yeah, he was one of the many cowboy stars we of a certain age group grew up with and enjoyed.

He was a big guy so he was convincing if he had to go into a "Don't mess with me mode ." :D

RIP Clint.

11. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I remember him well - although all my memories of him are in black and white.

RIP, Big Fella.

12. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

Posey on The Dirty Dozen. He could sneeze and grow a beard!

Mark E. Moon likes this.
  13. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

Is Will Hutchins the last of the Warners cowboys?

[​IMG]

Will Hutchins on Clint Walker "Cheyenne"

his abs have abs. Worked out with him once. He had put together a make-shift gym in the backlot in a dusty shed, brought his own weights. He took off his shirt—Cinemascope shoulders—he looked like a hairy wall. I kept my shirt on—never went back.

Boy, Clint was immense. Felt sorry for his horse. Felt sorrier for his leading ladies. There they’d be in the ranch house, puttering about. A knock at the door, enter Clint, camera tilts up. For the rest of the scene all you can see of the leading lady is her head, bobbing about at the bottom of the screen like a buoy in a storm.

Ol’ Clint made me feel right at home when I started “Sugarfoot”. Invited me out to his house and sold me his Vespa motor scooter. L.A. drivers are not unlike Kamikaze pilots, so I confined my scootering to riding out to the Warner backlot from the make-up department in the morning. Didn’t want Vespa services held in my memory, you know. Hard to start in the early cold. Had to push it most of the way before it revved up properly. Good exercise. Hmmm, yep, there was a smattering of the horse trader in Clint… There was a lot of the hero in him.​
    ---

he once took one of Hollywood’s most famous hikes out of Warner Bros.—during a dispute he repaired to California’s mother lode and prospected for gold in a river. Gold is where you find it, and he couldn’t find it at Warners. (Clayton Moore was lucky—he found silver—‘neath his saddle.) Money wasn’t all of it. Clint objected to the way the suits rewarded him for his success by cutting down on the budget of his show. Same thing happened to me. After the first five shows or so we started shooting down in the low rent district of the western street, and the scripts got pretty atrocious—but I was more than equal to the challenge—my acting was every bit as atrocious.

Later, Clint returned to the fold, and he, Ty Hardin and I made one of my favorite shows, “Duel At Judas Basin”, sort of like the Three Mesquiteers. I thought we had a good blendship. We three could do one of those TV reunion shows: “Cheyenne, Bronco and Sugarfoot Get Hip Replacements”.

Eventually, cabin fever hit all of us bargain basement buckaroos, and we went stir crazy out in that cramped back lot. We got on our horses and rode off in all directions. I see Clint Walker from time to time and think of him more often that that. Lonely man, Cheyenne, where will you be camping tonight?​

guppy270, Alan G., Erik Tracy and 2 others like this.
  14. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

Even their most devoted fans may not realize Clint Walker and Margot Kidder worked together:

[​IMG]

From The Bounty Man (1972), one of several (unsold) western pilots Walker made at this time.

fr in sc likes this.
  15. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

RIP.
    Scream Of The Wolf
    - tv movie. Gave me chills when I first saw it in prime time.

16. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

STOP PUSHINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

fuse999 likes this.
  17. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

I remember he was in - briefly - White Buffalo, with Charles Bronson. A strange film that should have been a lot better.

18. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

19. BradOlson

20. BradOlson

Karnak likes this.
  21. BradOlson

22. BradOlson

For the Warner Archive stuff: Clint Walker
    The first season exists on pressed DVD, the rest of the series is DVD-R from Warner Archive.

23. BradOlson

The TV movie "Baker's Hawk" does exist on DVD as well as part of those Echo Bridge family movie collections as a standalone DVD from Echo Bridge.

24. He had hair on the bottom of his feet!

fuse999 likes this.
  25. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Tough guy-

Apparently he nearly died (was pronounced dead) back in 71. He fell from a ski lift and fell on a ski poll that pierced his heart. The doc pronounced him dead. Another doc felt a faint pulse and repaired his heart.

Clint was back to work soon after.

You know what you find underneath Chuck Norris' beard?

CLINT F'ing WALKER!!! thats who!

:cool:

Mark E. Moon, Planbee and Gumboo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.