Chicago Into The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame: What Happens Next?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tonyc, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident Thread Starter

Chicago is being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. What do you all think happens next?

1) It is a one night only reunion?
    2) Cetera and/or Seraphine return for a tour?
    3) Cetera and/or Seraphine return for a record and tour?

I hope I'm wrong but I have a hard time believing it would be any more than #1. But, it would make me very happy if at least Cetera stayed around a little longer.

2. omom

omom Forum Resident

3. redmetalmoose

redmetalmoose Forum Resident

Time has a way of making past differences not seem as important as they once did (for some people anyway).Here's hoping when they get together,a great time is had by all and leads to a full tour or new album.
    I had no idea this band wasn't in the RRHOF already.What a ridiculous joke that thing is.

4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

cetera will be fine, seraphine on the other hand had a bad break with lamm, parazaider, loughnene (sp?) and pankow, so it will be interesting to see if he gets involved at all.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  5. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

6. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

I'd like to see a Beachago performance at the Rock Hall awards with Mike Love as Commanding MC.

7. Billion$Baby

Billion$Baby Forum Resident

Cetera/Seraphine would NEVER Tour with these guys again unless they were penniless. Cetera will probably show up at the HOF...Not sure about Danny. Hopefully Terry Kath's "Great spirit" will be hanging around the rafters.

8. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Ugh I hope Peter Cetera is not a "No Show" and we get some dumb Tribute with the current lineup and Robin Thicke on lead vocals.

wavethatflag and Christopher B like this.
  9. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

I am very pleased to see the band get some recognition.

I would hope Danny and Peter show up for the ceremony.

As far as playing together again for an album or tour, never gonna happen.

Moonbeam Skies and Hep Alien like this.
  10. Headfone

Headfone Nothing Tops A Martin

What happens next? Hopefully, Johnny Rivers inducted next year.

11. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident Thread Starter

Moody Blues.

12. One thing that will happen, is that they won't be playing "Critic's Choice" :p

13. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Robin Thicke garners even less critical respect these days than Cetera, so... No.

Big Train likes this.
  14. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

I think it would be great if Seraphine and Cetera were there for the induction... "Induction"... sounds like a title they would have used years ago, maybe they'll write a new song for the occasion ;)

Hep Alien likes this.
  15. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

Chicago on Their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction: 'I Had No Idea It Would Be As Exciting As It Is'
    12/17/2015 by Gary Graff
    MORE: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6813551/chicago-on-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction
    Loughnane expects that Chicago will perform during the ceremony and says the group is open to reuniting with either of its former members that night.
    "That sounds fine to me," Loughnane says. "I haven't spoken with Peter in awhile, but if he wants to come sing with us, come on, baby! I'm ready. We're still playing the tunes. I think he is, too, so we should know the material." And Loughnane adds he'd like to see some of the band's subsequent members -- particularly Jason Scheff, who replaced Cetera and is still with Chicago -- get their due from the Rock Hall at some point.

16. music4life

music4life Senior Member

The big question however is Will Donnie Dacus show up? :D

17. micksmuse

micksmuse Forum Resident

hopefully they will let bill champlin attend. he got the ROYAL SHAFT. even worse then danny, being he was playing more than up to snuff. but accountants rule and they must pay the allimony to all their ex's.

Hep Alien, rstamberg and tonyc like this.
  18. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Jeez, I'm glad this happened today because I couldn't remember hearing this anywhere. They are long, long overdue for their admission. To answer the OP, I'm going No. 1.

Hep Alien likes this.
  19. I hope it's option #2, but #1 is much more likely. Better than nothing.

Hep Alien and Christopher B like this.
  20. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Won't say that Danny got shafted-- He got bounced because his behavior was volatile, and he admits that in his book. Claiming it was about his playing was the nicer thing to do.

The reason Cetera probably won't come back is that he hasn't played bass in a couple decades. He won't do a tour just standing up there singing.

Champlin's heart absolutely wasn't in it, so his departure was a matter of time.

Hep Alien likes this.
  21. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

What Happens Next?
    I grab the first two albums, play them and enjoy them as much as I did the first time I heard them. No, slight correction.
    I enjoy them even more now than the first time I heard them.
    Chicago without Mr. Kath just wasn't the same.
    Has anyone here read Mr. Seraphine's autobio?

22. I hope and trust Terry will be acknowledged during the acceptance speech.

23. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Cetera's been playing bass live this year:

24. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Wow-- Is he doing rock gigs again? I saw him maybe five years ago-- The set was all ballads (mostly solo stuff) and all he played was some acoustic guitar.

25. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

One more with a full "Feelin' Stronger." I thought I saw one of him playing bass live on "Dialogue", but he was just on vocals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.