Chicago V & VI

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiomixer, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles Thread Starter

Picked these up just a while ago at the Rhino store in Westwood, Cal. and was surprised to see them in jewel cases. I thought it was digipak for all the rereleases...:confused:

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

I hate when record companies do this stuff. They did the same thing with the Cat Stevens remasters. I never could understand how they could be so inconsistent.

Mud-

3. TimM

TimM Senior Member

Let us know how they sound after you give them a listen. I plan on buying both of these, but the local Best Buy & and Circuit City stores did not have them yet today. There are not many real record stores left in Dayton Ohio.

4. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

Audiomixer, Thanks for the info on the V & VI in jewel cases. I got promo copies on Saturday and just figured the promos came that way. I like jewel cases much better than those digipacs...but that's no big deal, I just wish they would be consistent in what they release. Also the Cat Stevens remasters were released both ways. Back to the new issues. I'm really bugged that ICE reported(and I'm sure it was from the Rhino/Chicago camp)that one of the bonus tracks was a studio version of "A Song For Richard and His Friends"..they forgot one minor detail...no vocals version!!! They did''nt know this ahead of time. Boy,was that a major bummer. Also they did'nt know that the version of "Tired Of Being Alone" was with Al Green on vocals from the TV special "Chicago In The Rockies". No it sounded better to report it as they did and leave most of us guessing. If they were going to remix to stereo a track from that TV special why not give us some Chicago tracks..anyone that saw the special knows there was some cool recordings of "Feeling Stronger Everyday" "What Is This World Comin' To" and "Saturday In The Park" Can they just stop screwing us when it comes to these bonus tracks..like we don't know anything about these guys, but we want to buy another remaster for some bonus tracks. I've not decided yet on the sound..yes they are louder and brighter but I need to A/B more with my originals.

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I am currently listening to VI. I like it. There is a bit of tape noise/damage on "Critic's Choice". The sound is very good, as expected.

I will listen to V next.

Circuit City had plenty. Best Buy? ZERO!

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

One more comment, Al Green should do an album with Chicago! They are a perfect match!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.