CHORD D/A Converter

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by cho, May 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cho

cho New Member Thread Starter

I have read excellant review of this - better than SACD. Any user out there to throw us some light?

2. Cafe Jeff

Cafe Jeff New Member

Jimmy Hughes in Hi Fi + thought it the best DAC in the world. And, undoubtedly, it is a very good looking bit of kit with its blue-light, bubble perspex, and aluminum casing. But it certainly ain't cheap. I have had the opportunity to hear one in Toronto and while it sounded very good indeed, it was on an unfamiliar system with unfamiliar music and I only listened to it for a short time. If it really is that good (and I don't think we need to get into a cd v. sacd debate here) it would a worthwhile investment so as to hear CDs at their best. Jeff

3. cho

Thanks Jeff. I have also read the article in the magazine you have quoted. It also got a award in the Japan's Stereo Sound magazine. I agree that we should not go into a CD?SACD debate but I just want to have some opinion from users out here.

4. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Just a warning: a friend has a Chord amp and pre-amp, and he reports they are unreliable. They sound incredible when they're working, but that's an intermittent situation. He's going to have to break down and ship these things back to England for service someday, and that ain't gonna be cheap.

5. cho

Thanks Roy. Just like Jaguar cars - pretty good when in working order!

6. Cafe Jeff

Cafe Jeff New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.