Christopher Robin

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by FredV, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredV

FredV Senior Member Thread Starter

Following ‘Mary Poppins Returns’, looks like a gentler version of ‘Ted’.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. wrappedinsky

wrappedinsky Forum Resident

I really enjoyed the other bear in London, namely Paddington. I think I'll see it this weekend. I like silly humor, so I'm hoping it's good.

Luke The Drifter likes this.
  3. Saw this movie today with my family. It is fairly predictable, but a nice movie overall and sometimes a nice movie is what I need.
    The dialog between Pooh and Christopher Robin is pretty good too.

Jack Lord and snowman872 like this.
  4. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

It's been fun watching Ewan MacGregor on the talk show circuit trying to keep a straight face while talking about his relationship with Pooh.

5. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

wife loved it, me meh. good for children who know the stories. i actually enjoyed the scenes in London more than the ones in Pooh land. and who knew Eeyore would be comic relief.

6. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

We saw it yesterday with my almost-4-year-old daughter. The first half hour or so was a bit too slow for her, as well as some of the other kids her age or younger there.

My wife and I liked it. It was very sweet, beautifully shot and just an overall nice escape from the real world. The cast is delightful, and the animation is very well done.

We didn't love it like we did Paddington 1 and particularly 2. I felt swelled up with emotion by the end of that one, and it was a lot more clever, funny and warm.

Still, I can recommend "Christopher Robin" as an innocent little escape. The sweet spot for young kids is probably gonna be ages 5-11, plus or minus depending on your young un's personality.

dan c

7. snowman872

snowman872 Forum Resident

Thumbs up! :righton:

Dan C likes this.
  8. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Sweet, simple mild film. Nothing wrong with that. Very enjoyable. And a nice diversion from what much of the movie business has become during the past few decades.

9. You are right about that. There is not one scene dedicated to showcasing the video game portion of the franchise within the movie...And this is well received by me.

Jack Lord and dewey02 like this.
  10. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Going to see this movie later on today!

11. Jack Lord

Jack Lord Forum Resident

Took my now 11 year old for his birthday. He asked to see it and I suspect it was his ode to childhood.

Anyway, the movie hits a home run. Well made and charming with nice, simple messages. Yes, Eyore nearly steals the show. Pooh and Tigger sounded nearly identical to their earlier counterparts. I liked Rabbit with the cockney accent.

The 100 Acre Wood looked exactly like its cartoon counterpart.

I half expected Jeremy Irons to be the new narrator, but they went without one.

Very happy.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  12. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I enjoyed it. Some very nice moments. Wonderful cast.

snowman872 and Jack Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.