Christopher Sandford's book on McCartney

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jawilshere, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I thought that was referring to Bob Lovely! :D

2. JWB

JWB New Member

Sanford makes many outrageous, sensationalist claims that have no basis in fact. He's basically a tabloid writer. His Kurt Cobain book is disgusting. It's full of tabloid rag trash stories that never happened (according to everybody)...he claims that Kurt was a pervert who was into gay "watersports", that he was abusive towards women, abusive towards everyone around him, a dangerous person, heartless and evil, and an all-around piece of garbage...he claims that Kurt had a fistfight with Eddie Vedder which never happened (but it was in a tabloid)...he also took other heroin-related material from the tabloids...a lot of his stories are just rumours/urban legends that he describes as fact...he describes incidents at concerts that don't appear on the corresponding bootlegs...and of course he doesn't list any of his "exclusive inside sources". It's a real rag...one of the only books I've ever thrown away to rid the world of it's existance. I haven't read his McCartney book but I suspect it's more of the same tripe. I've seen Christian extremist anti-rock websites that use quotes from his books as "evidence" against the rock stars (Cobain in particular). It's real sad.

3. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

My understanding is that George was involved with Mo after she and Ringo broke up. but even if that's not the case, the story about Lennon getting mad at George over this is both dubious and highly laughable since John himself propositioned Patti at some point, which certainly caused a bit of dissension in the ranks!

As for the story about John sleeping with Linda, it originates from a book by Fred Seaman who was John's last personal assistant and who claims to have read it in John's journal. I alway thought that Seamen's accounts rang true.

4. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Well, Linda was a groupie for awhile. She probably fancied both Paul and John at some point, and John was apparently a bit of a sex maniac. But my gut feeling tells me that Linda and Paul were ever faithful after marriage. I'm sticking to that until it's proven otherwise.

5. Emilio

Emilio Senior Member

His David Bowie book is slightly off focus, but then, most Bowie biographies are. The only one I can truly recommend is David Buckley's "Strange Fascination", a real trip through the spinal cord of Bowie's career.

6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Ack - misread the quote - nevermind!

7. BZync

BZync Senior Member

Which book is that? I'd read that one.

8. Cyaneyes

Cyaneyes Forum Resident

Ditto to that. Here's a funny quote from Jack Endino's site.

The guy is trash.

9. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

It's called "His Song: The Musical Journey of Elton John" by Elizabeth J. Rosenthal. Hands down the best EJ book I've ever seen or read. Still available in either hardcover or paperback. It was published in 2001. Check out this link:

http://www.eltonography.com/books/his_song.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.