Chromatics new cd - Kill For Love

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ralphb, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Amazingly my record dealer got some pink copies of "Kill For Love" and I picked one up. Looks fantastic with its silver foil backcover and sounds great. Need time for the music but I like what I'm hearing so far!

2. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

Has anyone else heard the vinyl release for the new album? I just ordered it and I hoping the pressing and sound quality are decent.

3. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

My pressing is nice, quiet and flat... it is pressed at Pirate's Press... so, I do not know if is all that different from the cd...

4. Neonbeam

Italians Do It Better always do decent pressings. Never had issues with their stuff...

5. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

Spinning this now. Sounds good.

The sticker on the cover mentioned "Frozen Icy Blue Vinyl", but it came with the red vinyl.

6. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

I think this album has the potential to become a cult favorite. I can see it on a Sophia Coppola soundtrack in ten years down the road.

7. Neonbeam

Looks like you've got a transitional edition: Second press cover with first press records.

8. Neonbeam

Italians Do It Better have just repressed Glass Candy's amazing "Beatbox" and the "After Dark" (3 LP) compilation on clear vinyl. So if anyone has missed or never heard them: Voilá!

"After Dark 2" is supposed to get a vinyl release in late August btw!

9. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..." Thread Starter

All vinyl is sold out.

10. Neonbeam

Really? How do you know? That would be amazing!!! Several online retailers still have it. And if you happen to be in London: HHV on Oxford Street had at least ten copies of Glass Candy last Sunday.

11. ralphb

Sold out at their website. I buy from them because the product is very cheap there.

12. Neonbeam

Yeah there are HUGE price differences with new IDIB vinyl. HHV wanted 17£ for "Beatbox", I bought it today in a small Berlin dance store for 14,90€ (roughly 9€). If I lived in the States I surely would buy them directly from the label. Anyway: That these are sold out is excellent news!

13. ralphb

This one got by me, but paying 50 bucks at Amazon, when I can get the cd for 5 at the website, is a bit much considering the vinyl went for 10 when they had it. I should have the cd by the end of the week, and yes, it's great that they're doing well. An indy label that knows how to do it up right.

14. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

I just bought a new vinyl copy of Kill For Love yesterday. The owner of the record store was playing it - his was pressed on pink vinyl, but mine is on clear vinyl. Sounds great, musically and sonically. Never heard of this band (collective?) before.

15. Goratrix

Goratrix Well-Known Member

Anyone knows what's up with the Italians Do It Better folks these days? The blog seems to be dead since last November and there's no sign of the new Glass Candy album that was supposed to come out ages ago either...

16. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

Both Chromatics and Glass Candy toured a few months ago, so they're still active. Last I read the Glass Candy album is due this year, so they're probably prepping that.

17. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Remember that Italians Do It Better are basically two guys...Johnny and Mike. Johnny plays in many of the bands so he's always touring. It took After Dark 2 forever to come out so I wouldn't worry too much about the new Glass Candy...it'll come it just takes time because they are busy guys and aren't funded by any major label.

18. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

If you like that one, you should check out Night Drive. They still have some copies left at the Italians Do it Better website: http://italiansdoitbetter.bigcartel.com/product/chromatics-night-drive-deluxe-edition-double-lp

It's super cheap if you order direct!

19. Neonbeam

20. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

That's true, but I mentioned that one because they still have some vinyl left on their website.

I'm still waiting for an After Dark 2 repress. I missed the boat on that one!

21. Neonbeam

You didn't.... it might be sold out but Ebay still has some copies left;) For the original, regular price!!!

22. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I'm not familiar with the band, but I just got Kill For Love and Night Drive on CD for Christmas, so I'm looking forward to hearing them. I'm intrigued by the fact that this is a pop/rock band who also incorporates ambient pieces into their albums.... very cool. :)

ralphb likes this.
  23. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Been listening to Kill For Love and Night Drive this week.... they're both good, but Night Drive is definitely my favourite of the two... I think I may even have to officially add it to my own personal "Best of 2007" list. :)

24. NotTimCurry

NotTimCurry Forum Resident

Ha, watching "Shadow" on Twin Peaks right now, think you were more/less right.

Grow Fins likes this.
  25. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I was recently informed of the repress of Kill for Love. I just got and am very impressed. It is pressed by Pallas and is cut by Bernie Grundman.

englishbob and Robert C like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.