"Clicks" on iTunes AAC gapless albums

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Poxy Bowsy, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poxy Bowsy

Poxy Bowsy Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hey there. I'll be glad if somebody could help me out here.

I'm ripping a lot of my old classical music CD's right now. I rip them with EAC to ALAC and store them in my external HD. But to listen on my iPod Classic, i use iTunes to convert them to AAC 320 kbps. The problem is, a lot of those albums are gapless, and when i convert them, they end up with some annoying little "clicks" on the transition between their gapless tracks. Does anybody knows how to avoid that? This clicks doesn't appear on the regular ALAC files, only on the converted AAC 320 kbps ones.

Cheers.

2. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Is your processor being pegged by another process, while you are importing the discs? When I import disc, I do nothing else.

3. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

If it's happening exactly between the tracks, it's not anything related to encoding. I wonder if there's a setting you can do in the AAC encoding to do gapless?

4. Poxy Bowsy

Poxy Bowsy Well-Known Member Thread Starter

The problem is not when i import the discs, since the ALAC files are perfect, without the clicks on the transitions. I converted other albums to AAC using iTunes, and even if they're not gapless, i choose the option "play as a gapless album". The strange thing is, only lengthy gapless albums (classical music ones) end up with this clicks, smaller ones, like live albums or concept albums doesn't suffer from this same problem. Now, another strange thing: if i open a track of one of those gapless albums with the click problem with Audacity, i can't delete the click! When i delete it, it appears again at the end of the song, i mean, i can delete the last second of the song as many times as i want, but the click always appears again at the end of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.