Cloudbusting... Songs that put a particular "feeling/sensation" in your head.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Donfrance, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donfrance

Donfrance As honest as a politician. Thread Starter

This morning we = me and my three children: Izzy(5)G, Storm(7)G and Axl(9)B were having breakfast and it was Izzy's turn to put on some music so she choose Kate Bush and the album Hounds Of Love. So we are eating and listening and talking about this and that and the song Cloudbusting came on. So we are all humming along for a bit and listening and suddenly Axl says: Every time when I hear this song I have these army images in my head.

So I look at him and say: Me too but how come you have that? You have not been in the army and you haven't watched war movies and such. (I raise my kids anti-uniform and pacifist, in a rather traditional hippie kinda way. Recycling, clean up after yourself and such.) So he says, it's like the army from the second world war but he had no idea where or how the connection with a march rhythm led him to this (He must have learned a bit about that at school, I guess).

So okay, we continue eating, listening and I thought that this might be something to ask here. This is the Kate Bush track to give you an idea and what I want to ask is do you have this too? That some songs create this particular feeling or put particular images in your head? Let me know and feel free to put up the songs that caused you this.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.