Clyde Clifford Beaker Street

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pocofan, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member Thread Starter

what was the music that played in the background on this show ?

2. Pedro Pavón

Pedro Pavón Member

Head-Cannabis Sativa 1970

3. Mark Dillman

Mark Dillman Active Member

The entire album entitled "Head" was used as background sound effects during Clyde Clifford's speaking segments during his DJ show "Beaker Street" on KAAY radio. The album was released on the Buddah label in 1970 and became the exclusive background sound effect shortly after its release. It blended in well with the distant reception noises common on late night AM radio reception as well as the sound caused by the radio station's transmitter which would slightly bleed into Clifford's microphone. Clyde Clifford's late night programing reportedly originated at the radio station's transmitter site rather than the radio station's studio in downtown Little Rock, Arkansas. The "Head" album had been originally released in 1968 with the title "Numbers" on the Narco label. The Buddah release had much better national distribution. I listened to Beaker Street a LOT at the time and I don't ever remember Clyde Clifford identifying his background sound effects. As a result, I was unaware of the album until years later. The album consisted of early synthesizer audio. The artist was Nicolas Pascal Raicevic, AKA Nik Pascal. Obviously, in the years prior to the album's release Clifford used other background sound effects. I seem to recall audio collages of wind chimes, sitar, chanting, and Jimi Hendrix guitar. All five of Nik Pascal's synthesizer albums were reissued on LP only by the Wah Wah label in Spain in 2018. Wah Wah did a really fine job of it.
    //www.discogs.com/sell/release/582895?ev=rb

4. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.