Cobra Kai-Karate Kid Sequel Series Starring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

And he still looks awesome physically. It will really rock if he is in it for at least a few scenes.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Episode 8-Molting was pretty good, and I realised what movie it was that appeared in episode 1.

3. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Wow..series was incredible. I was a big fan of the series and this was the perfect storyline to go with all these years later. So many callbacks to the original movie. Smiled the entire way through.

4. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

This series massively exceeded my expectations. I wonder if it will start a trend of smarter reboots/sequels in which the characters are presented with greater depth and a degree of ambiguity, rather than simply being retreaded. Sort of the way "The Brady Bunch Movie" spawned the part-reboot/part-sendup genre (I think it did anyway, didn't it?) Hmmm. Smarter reboots ... sounds like an oxymoron, so probably not. :)

omikron and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  5. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Season 2 trailer - woo hoo!

omikron, polchik, modrevolve and 4 others like this.
  6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Looks like your last sentence, as the trailer suggests, is exactly on point. Did you write the treatment for the 2nd season? :laugh:

7. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

This show is missing Elizabeth Shue but I strongly suspect the two leads really dislike her.

8. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was hoping that they would lure her back for the second season.

I'm curious to know why the show was overlooked by the Emmy's. I was hoping that both William Zabka and the show itself would be nominated in the Best Comedy category. It still stands at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. The first season was enormously successful. Was it overlooked due to the fact that it's a YouTube original?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. modrevolve

So stoked!!

10. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Any chance youtube will give me another 30 day free trial this year? :love:

11. Loved the first season! I can't wait to see how Daniel-San tries to ruin Johnny's life this season.

From the trailer it looks as if Daniel - who is wealthy and doesn't need the money - is trying to make sure that Johnny stays broke, by stealing students and/or potential students and offering karate classes for free.

It doesn't look like Daniel-San will be happy until Johnny is completely destitute, crippled inside, and living under a bridge outside of town. Brilliant! :)

Matthew Tate, Deesky and GodShifter like this.
  12. AKA

AKA Senior Member

13. Vincent3

Vincent3 Forum Resident

I said I was done after season 1, but I'll probably give season 2 a chance.

14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

It will continue to be something I watch, but it seems Johnny becomes under the influence of Kreese (sp?) in this and Macchio’s character continues to go the Myiagi route. I’m just going off the trailer.

I’d like it better if it stayed more flipped on its head with Johnny being the more sympathetic character and Macchio’s being more of the bully.

BluesOvertookMe and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. Encuentro

It's back! And like season one, the first episode of season two is free.

16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I've seen the first four so far, and things may not be as they seemed to be in the trailer, exactly. There have been quite a few character developments so far and I'm enjoying it (despite a couple of scenes that were not believable, imo).

Macchio seems to have picked up his game from season 1. He looks a little trimmer and he moves a lot better - must have had some training...

The show still has heart and it's good to see all the characters back. Looking forward to the next six.

17. modrevolve

This 30 for 30 spoof is very well done..

18. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Do you have a subscription to YouTube Red or whatever it’s called? I really don’t want to pay for it and wind up watching this and then having to cancel it.

19. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

That was fantastic.

20. Encuentro

I just resubcribed to premium. $14.99 for the month. Did the price go up? I don’t remember it being that much last year. Then again, I didn’t pay anything. I used the free trial, binged and canceled. In any event, it’s $14.99 for one month. One and done. I’m essentially renting the show. I could pay nearly as much for a movie ticket.

21. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

The second season was good ... until the last episode, which strained disbelief to the breaking point for me.

omikron and James Slattery like this.
  22. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I enjoyed the first episode of season 2.

Guess I gotta pay the cash to see the rest. Was hoping for another 30 day free pass like last time.

MikaelaArsenault and GodShifter like this.
  23. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yeah, that was pretty stupid and way, way over the top unbelievable. But not only that loooong scene, there were other decisions made by the characters which felt unrealistic.

I guess the showrunners figured they needed a big finish (and a setup for another season), but they overegged it. Shame, because otherwise, it was pretty good, if not as good as S1.

24. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Not necessarily! YouTube has not only announced the renewal for season 3, but also that all shows will be available for free. Pretty sweet!