Cocktail Audio X12 problem

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by beatnik, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beatnik

beatnik Forum Resident Thread Starter

Does anyone here also own the Cocktail Audio (or NovaFidelity) X12 ripper/streamer? Mine had been working fine until last night, when its web interface failed to load songs for playback. I've tried everything I can think of, including using the CA app on my iPad, but the damn thing simply won't work now. Any ideas?

2. beatnik

For the benefit of anyone who encounters this problem, I found a solution, albeit a gigantic PITA. With my MusicDB database fully backed up, I reformatted the hard drive in the X12. Then I installed an earlier version of MusicDB, restored my music files (took almost 4 days), and got things back to normal.

MarioHead likes this.
  3. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident

Will take note of this. I have the X10 and it has been working fine so far. I'm using the optical output connected to peachtree audio dac and it's producing very good sound quality.

4. beatnik

This has been the only problem I've encountered (other than a general dislike for browsing the database with the web interface). Mine is connected to a Schiit Bifrost DAC via a Green Hornet coaxial cable.

MarioHead likes this.
  5. RoMue

RoMue New Member

I also have a cocktail audio x12 and it has been working fine until today when I could not eject the optical disk drawer to rip a CD. Did any of you ever have this problem? If yes, how can this be fixed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.