Collector's Choice % Off sales*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by dirtymac, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Quake1028

Quake1028 Future former fatass

Same here but I fear we are SOL for a while.

2. Phishman

Phishman Forum Resident

3. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

4. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Thanks for that one Phishman. I'm usually pretty staunchly "against" the whole 45 thing but for ~$15 shipped I will give this one a try..

Looks like they already sold whatever number were available at that price.

EDIT: Looked again just now and CC has put at least one more copy up for $12.14..

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  5. Phishman

Phishman Forum Resident

I got one too :)

6. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

Me too thanks for the info.

7. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

in at $12.14:bdance:

8. Thrills

Thrills Forum Resident

Snagged one at $12.14! :tiphat:

9. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

I tried to order one and it sold out while I was placing my order.

No fear, 30 minutes later more were put up and I got one. So, if they seem to be out, keep checking back.

Thanks to the OP for the link!

10. Stullyca

Stullyca Forum Resident

Hopefully those who ordered will get the correct version - with CC Vinyl/Music on Discogs they occasionally list their items incorrectly. I've had two instances where what was listed was not what was sent - same LP, but different pressing/version. They'll make it right by doing a return with full refund, but it can be a bit annoying. Overall, they've been mostly accurate but you just never know...

11. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

If I get a different pressing I am blaming you for jinxing the orders!! LOL, thank you for the heads up!!

Stullyca likes this.
  12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I've been shipped the wrong pressing before myself, and I'm guessing that will be the case here. But CC has such great prices it is usually worth gambling, at least to me!

13. Raynie

Raynie Hyperactive!

I started buying from them about 3 years ago and have purchased 30-40 records from them. None have been damaged or incorrectly listed, they were packed well. I did check with them once for Gene Clark's No Other MoV, was listed at $19 so I figured had to be 4MWB. They checked and verified it was MoV so I bought 3 of them. They also had Rory G's MoV albums for same price which ticked me off since I paid twice as much :rant:

14. Phishman

Phishman Forum Resident

I've never had to return any myself either.
    I guess ImportCds and CC are owned by the same firm?

I got all my recent purchases from ImportCDs and all pressings were right and copies excellent.

15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

And deepdiscount, too.

NotOneStraw and Phishman like this.
  16. NotOneStraw

NotOneStraw Well-Known Member

CCMusic, or Collector's Choice, do tend to post wrong pressings on Discogs at least, but they're close (example: wrong country, same year). When in doubt, they seem to carry a lot of European pressings, so even when I've gotten the "wrong one," I've kept them.

17. Phishman

Phishman Forum Resident

I love the fact that they have EU pressings at reasonable prices. Always liked the EU pressings compared to the NA ones.

NotOneStraw likes this.
  18. Stullyca

Stullyca Forum Resident

CC Vinyl has some great prices and they do seem to have quite a few good Euro pressings. Despite the chance of not getting the right pressing (which has happened to me twice), the risk is basically nil. I've ordered about 40 LPs from them because the price was incredibly low and if it isn't the right pressing, they take it back no questions asked. The only drawback is the anticipation of getting a certain pressing and feeling a tinge of disappointment if it is incorrect. Always worth the risk, though....

19. Diffuse

Diffuse Member

Stullyca, Phishman and black sheriff like this.
  20. Phishman

Phishman Forum Resident

I'm still waiting for mine.....glad to hear it is the right pressing! Those ORG jazz titles cut by Grundman sound great!

NotOneStraw likes this.
  21. NotOneStraw

man they sure are! just got finished listening to the ORG/CTI Freddie Hubbard First Light and it was deeeee-vine

thedon0922, Stullyca and Phishman like this.
  22. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  23. Dusty Ol'Rekkids

Dusty Ol'Rekkids Forum Resident

I have ordered from DirectToU, LLC (ccmusic,ccvinyl,deepdiscount and importcds) about 40 times total. Over 20 times from just ccmusic. I average about 20 titles an order. So I suppose that based on the law of averages I am more likely to have some damaged titles than many other forum members. And I definitely have. Many are minor (I'll accept some dogeared corners, but seam splits are a no go) I had to return 2 David Bowie "Five Years" LP sets before keeping the third one. Overall, though, I'd say the damaged ones (many of which happened after they started shipping larger orders in just one box instead of putting LP's in a couple smaller boxes and then inside an outer box) number between 10 and 15. And out of 300 to 400 titles that is really less than 5%. This is my first order from the discogs presence of ccmusic, but I snagged Coltrane Blues for $12 and that last Pink Floyd for a little over $10 and those were deals I couldn't pass up. I hope we get a 25% code soon, I have over 40 titles in my cart right now and am waiting to pull the trigger.

24. NotOneStraw

I learned this the hard way...they "flush" your cart every 30 days, so maybe take screen shots or write down what you have in there or you'll wake up one day and they'll be gone and you'll frantically try to rebuild the cart only to inevitably forget half of what you wanted lol.

25. Dusty Ol'Rekkids

Dusty Ol'Rekkids Forum Resident

Excellent advice. It has happened to me in the past... So yeah, this order is definitely screen shotted.

NotOneStraw likes this.