Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee - all seasons! *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by detroit muscle, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA Thread Starter

Just a heads up for any other fans out there - New season of Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee starts tomorrow, June 19th

Some good looking guests this time around including Sarah Jessica Parker, Robert Klein, Jon Stewart, George Wallace & Aziz Ansari.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

norman_frappe likes this.
  2. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

Great show. I like the cars too. I saw a nice 90s Saab convertible the other day and I'm thinking about buying one.

3. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Sarah Jessica Parker, world famous comedienne.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Thanks for the heads up, I've enjoyed those that I've watched so far.

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Who looks like a foot, according to Peter Griffin. :laugh:

Vinyl Addict and Andrew like this.
  6. pdenny

15 hands if she's an inch :angel:

7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I was offered a free one once. The computer needed to be replaced. $3,000.00.

I passed on the "deal".

Simon A likes this.
  8. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

I watch it for the cars, especially the Volvos - a vintage 1800S with Tina Fey, and Letterman's 960 wagon with the supercharged Ford V8.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  9. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

Well, "Sex And The City" is not without its humorous moments. And I thought Sarah was great with Jerry. One of my favorite episodes to date.

Also, do we call a female musician a "musicienne"?

10. pdenny

If you were in France, sure.

Simon A likes this.
  11. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I've seen every past episode so far. The great thing about this show is every time I go into an episode not expecting anything good -- whether not particularly liking the guest, or even knowing who they are -- I end up enjoying my time watching. I'm glad it has started up again, thanks for the reminder. :thumbsup:

Agent57 and guy incognito like this.
  12. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I was driven to school every day for several years in a Ford LTD wagon just like the one in this episode. Only differences were that my mom's wagon was yellow with brown interior, and lacked the exterior faux wood paneling.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  13. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

It's interesting he's commented that he will only try and get a Porsche 918 Spyder if enough people watch the show... I have to imagine he's completely joking as he must have been near first in line for that million dollar car. He owns the first 911 ever made... Incredible collection

14. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

Ha! You are absolutely right. I love the way many classic cars look but I doubt I could afford to keep one in the style they are accustomed to. Thankfully Jerry and Jay can.

longdist01 likes this.
  15. SMcFarlane

SMcFarlane Forum Resident

Haven't missed an episode. What a novel concept. Love it and I don't even drink coffee ;)

16. lugnut2099

lugnut2099 Forum Resident

Heh, I'd have taken the screwed Saab if it was free, it'd be worth that to part the thing out or something. But yeah, I wouldn't call my '98 C280 AMG Benz a "classic" by any stretch yet, but it's been work to keep even that thing looking and running its best. I fortunately haven't had to sink a lot of money in it, but it's still more attention than I've paid to a car since my '86 Shelby Daytona I used to drive. I suppose it would be easier with a nice garage and not using them as near daily-drivers, but hell, if you ain't drivin' em, what's the point?

longdist01 likes this.
  17. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

He also owns one of the first 356s. I thought it was interesting that he used that car to pick up Leno. How do you impress somebody who owns every car built? By showing up in a hand made Porsche.

Chad

18. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

It's so popular now that it's even being satirized:

19. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

That's great

20. Peace N. Love

Peace N. Love Forum Resident

Just watched the Bill Maher episode and was struck that, while I found them both intermittently very funny, I really didn't like either of them much as people.

Jerry seems to be getting grouchier, which in itself is probably a typical symptom of getting old. But it also seems to me to come with a growing sense of "I’m a massively successful TV star/comedian, looking down on the masses." I think it was the bit with the waiter in the Maher episode, recent comments about YouTube and the slightly hysterical reaction a few years back when Larry King mistakenly said that Seinfeld had been cancelled.

Not quite sure quite why this chafes – could be in part because Jerry has always had a “likeable” persona and his what’s-the-deal shtick is most effective when you feel like he’s on the same level as you.

I get (well, I think) that some of this slightly jerky new persona might be a shtick, but I’m not so sure.

Lastly, the man is – to put it kindly – not exactly at the peak of his powers. He can still be very funny on occasion, but the glory days are in the past, so maybe that’s another reason I’m a little irked by the New Jerry.

Okay, I’ve rambled, but very interested to know what others think.

thestereofan likes this.
  21. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

I got that vibe from the episode with Letterman also, I didn't find the two of them snickering about how they could just purchase the coffee shop they were in very funny, it seemed pretty mean-spirited. I gave up after that.

The Larry David episode was the only one I found genuinely funny.

22. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I think Maher and Seinfeld were acknowledging that since they were both famous, were allowed certain privileges should they feel like taking advantage of them.

I don't find the attitude mean spirited or grouchy, simply the fact that they have enough status and/or money to not have to take the same of amount of BS that the rest of us plebs have to suffer on a daily basis.

Go watch the Julia Louis-Dreyfus episode. Simply 2 old friends happy to be in each other's company.

Mister Charlie likes this.
  23. chacha

Jerry definitely appears to be more arrogant now than he used to be.

24. chacha

Wonderful episode- loved it.

25. ZAck Scott

ZAck Scott Senior Member

The Jim Carrey episode was amazing! Jim is so Zen like! Loved the tour of his art studio!

I love the series because it looks at how comedians think and they could be on or they could not for the show. It's just them, getting coffee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.