Comedians who will do "requests" of their jokes at live shows?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MRamble, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I wouldn’t tell jokes in church because it’s not the place and I don’t care to be there.

I get your point, though. I’m not trying to be conflictive.

2. Sternodox

Sternodox SubGenius Pope of Arkansas

I absolutely love black party records. Lawanda Page; Jimmy "the Funky Tramp" Lynch; Skillet & Leroy; Auntie Tina Dixon; Wildman Steve; many others. There are common bits they all use. Great stuff!

3. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

I actually really like being at work in a group of people, and if I'm watching a comedy clip, not having to worry about what's being said. I have enough respect for others that I wouldn't subject them to a lot of what passes for humor these days. When I was 15 years old, Eddie Murphy's stand-up was much funnier than I find it now. I don't need to hear the word MF used 50 times in a stand-up.

As I've gotten older, I find that truly funny guys are funny in normal conversation(such as Foxworthy). I know he's not everyone's cup-o-tea.

4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I don’t think it’s imperative to be dirty to be funny, but it shouldn’t be a disqualification if it is.

You want to watch videos with your co-workers? Fine. You want it to be innocuous? That’s fine, too.

I think any comedian can be funny or not (clean or profane). It’s the delivery and how funny the jokes are. Dudes dropping the “F bomb” x 1000 probably means they don’t have a lot in the bag. That said, totally “clean” comedians aren’t that funny, either. There’s a fine line.

5. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

"Deadpool" anyone?

6. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

Don't be a prude.

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I’ve never seen it or the sequel.

Not that I’m against it; just disinterested.

8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

It's wearying.

GodShifter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.