coming to DVD: Bob Dylan Unplugged ...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by levi, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. levi

levi Can't Stand Up For Falling Down In Memoriam Thread Starter

... arrives March 30. no word on extras, so far as I know.

a lot of Dylan fans hate this thing for some reason, but I think it's a nice (and so far the only) document of how phenomenal he and his band have been on the Never Ending Tour.

Bob Dylan Unplugged

2. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

Geeez! Finally! I love Dylan's Unplugged performance. I hope the dvd includes sets from both nights (my understanding is that it was taped over two nights, or maybe it was just two performances), but I'm not holding my breath. Still, even the performance that aired will be great to have on dvd. I've worn out my laserdisc.

3. floyd

floyd Senior Member

wasn't this already on DVD ? possibly that was in Europe.

4. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

I hope there are a few bonus tracks - there's at least great version of 'I want You' that never made the cut although it was shown stateside on cable IIRC and should be there...

Not the greatest Dylan if you put it in context of some of his great live shows from the mid 90's.

5. MikePh

MikePh Forum Resident/Song and Dance Man

Yes, the televised show was culled from two nights, November 94 if I remember correctly. I've got a cassette somewhere - he did a nice version of "Hazel," "I Want You" and one or two others - -"Don't Think Twice" I believe. Cross your fingers!

6. GregY

GregY New Member

Yeah, for some reason, fans rip this. I can't wait. Thanks for posting the news!

I believe it was recorded over 2 days: 11/17 and 11/18/1994. Both dates circulate in audio form.

Great version of John Brown.

7. seasideboy

seasideboy Senior Member

I think it was actually over four nights at the Supper Club in NYC. I went to one of them and it was a great experience seeing him in a small club!

8. GregY

GregY New Member

Are you sure you're not thinking of '93?

Expectingrain.com has the following setlists for the unplugged material:
    I think he played Roseland in the fall of '94, but not the Supper Club. In '93, he played two nights (early and late shows each night) at the Supper Club (and those are good shows by the way.)

9. seasideboy

seasideboy Senior Member

I wasn't the one who said '94 originally, so I think you're correct that it was '93. And I do remember now that it was two shows per night when I saw him at the Supper Club. So now I'm a little confused - were the Supper Club shows the source for Unplugged or was it taped elsewhere?

10. levi

levi Can't Stand Up For Falling Down In Memoriam Thread Starter

the Supper Club shows were 11/16-11/17/93 at the Supper Club in NYC. Unplugged was recorded a year later -- 11/17-11/18/94 for MTV at Sony Studios in NYC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.