Coming Up (Live in Glasgow)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dcooper, Mar 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcooper

dcooper New Member Thread Starter

Does anyone know if the live version of Coming Up, originally distributed as a single with the McCartney II vinyl, is available anywhere on CD?

2. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

"All The Best" McCartney's Greatest Hits Album features that version...

3. vinnie

vinnie Senior Member

I think it's on the US version of All The Best and maybe Wingspan. Unfortunately it's had the crowd chanting "Paul McCartney' faded early.

4. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Isn't that the version on the US release of "All the Best" and "Wingspan"? I'm more certain of the former than the latter. That was the hit version played on the radio in the US.

Regards,

5. dcooper

dcooper New Member Thread Starter

Thanks! It never occurred to me to reach for that CD, since I already had all the songs on other albums.

6. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

The live version is on the US version of Wingspan and US pressings of All The Best. The UK version has the studio version from McCartney II also on the UK pressings of All The Best. Only the original B-side single, promo 7" & 12" singles have the crowd chanting "Paul McCartney" at the end.

7. StyxCollector

StyxCollector Man of Miracles

The full Glasgow show is on boot, too ... I think I have silvers of that one :) But as for official sources, they're listed above.

8. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

Paul chants back "Kenny Dalglish" the most well known Scottish footballer of the time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.