'Community' coming out on BluRay in September!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by 93curr, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93curr

93curr Senior Member Thread Starter

Dan C likes this.
  2. 93curr

I do vaguely recall (It has been a few years since they first came out) one of the commentary tracks on the DVDs where Yvette Nicole Brown was complaining that the show was DVD-only. (Parphrasing here) "Why did I buy a BluRay player if I can't watch myself in hi-def?"

Would be a shame if that was lost. Kind of like Kevin Smith's "F-DVDs! LaserDiscs forever!" rant on the 'Clerks' LaserDisc being forever ported onto future formats. There was also a great moment on the 'NewsRadio' DVDs where the cast are complaining about being confused as to why the DVD sets only include Portugese subtitles. Was the show really that popular only in Portugal? If (when?) that ever gets ported onto BluRay, it would be a shame to lose that if they actually provide other languages.

3. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I'm in..but may wait to see if the price drops..

4. hubertfarnsworth

hubertfarnsworth Forum Resident

I'm in! But probably will be asking for it for Christmas, wife always needs ideas.

5. hubertfarnsworth

hubertfarnsworth Forum Resident

Oh, I forgot, POP POP!

Boswell, jeroemba, GeoffC and 2 others like this.
  6. 93curr

Amazon.com have it for $60 right now. :goodie:

7. Will it be funnier on BluRay? :D

Sorry for the thread crapping, I could not resist.

8. modrevolve

Boom..preordered!

9. 93curr

Alison will be prettier in hi-def. :love:

Texastoyz and Pete Puma like this.
  10. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

$54.08 as of this post! :wiggle:

93curr likes this.
  11. 93curr

Only three weeks away from release and STILL no details of bonus features available!

That's.... weird. No?

12. I think I'll get this. It's a show that would stand up to repeat viewings, it has some great writing.

Boswell likes this.
  13. 93curr

After Mill Creek made a fuss about putting all the 'Happy Endings' episodes on the correct order, I was hoping they might make some corrections to 'Community' as well. The DVDs are a little wonky. Sony put some back in the right place, but not all of them.

The season one episode where Pearce's stepdaughter show up for family day comes after an episode where it's mentioned as already taken place.
    'Digital Estate Planning' makes no sense where it's placed. It needs to come somewhere before they get expelled from Greendale.
    The season five episode where they're making a banner comes after an episode where we see the finished banner in the background.

14. 93curr

It definitely does. I've rewatched the DVDs loads. Even season four!

kevywevy likes this.
  15. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Glad to see some love on here. I already have all of them on DVD and still barely a week goes by without watching them. For the record, I have no issue with Season 4.

GeoffC likes this.
  16. 93curr

Now delayed until Oct 2. :shake:

[​IMG]
    SPECIAL FEATURE BREAKDOWN:
    Commentary on (Almost) Every Episode
    Hilarious Outtakes, Puns & Gag Reels
    Over 3 hours of Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes with Cast & Crew
    Deleted & Extended Scenes
    DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround
    English Subtitles

Boswell likes this.
  17. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I wonder if this means Parks and Recreation could come out on BD?

18. 93curr

It very well might. Mill Creek just need an incentive to license it. If 'Happy Endings', 'Masters Of Sex' and 'Community' all make a healthy profit there could be gold in them thar hills putting out complete box sets of shows badly handled on home video. One day we might even see 'Arrested Development' or '30 Rock.'

Boswell and The Hud like this.
  19. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I would love 30 Rock and Arrested Development on BD as well!

Boswell and 93curr like this.
  20. 93curr

This is not looking good. After two previous delays, the release date got moved to Oct 23rd and then, less than 24 hours after that, it now shows on Amazon as DVD only - BluRay "currently unavailable." :confused: Maybe there was some kind of screwup in the manufacturing chain? It's anyone's guess when this thing will eventually show up now.

Imagine a world where Criterion or Arrow were doing hi-def TV series reissues instead of Mill Creek. :love:

21. modrevolve

Is it just me or has the release date reverted back to 10/16?

22. modrevolve

They just confirmed it for me at 10/23

23. 93curr

Amazon just changed my order from "temporarily out of stock" to "not shipped-expected by Nov 17."

I guess that's progress?

24. 93curr

Word on the internet street (by which I primarily mean the BluRay.com forum) is that season 2 is missing some of the bonus features from the DVDs (so hold on to at least that one set, I guess) and that the commentaries for season 6 are actually there but not listed. I know the listing for bonus features on the 'Masters Of Sex' set was pretty sloppy, but everything from the DVDs turned out to be there, just not matched to the right seasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.