Community (former NBC TV series, now Yahoo)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by 8tracks, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

Keith David! The Cape, baby!

Standoffish likes this.
  2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It's a pity John Oliver won't be available. Even though his hugely excellent show Last Week Tonight With John Oliver will be on break until 8-Feb, unfortunately he'll be too busy doing stand-up to committ to Community.

3. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

Heh. I didn't make the connection. I wonder if they'll make references to The Cape. Knowing this show, they probably will.

4. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I believe Evil Abed said The Cape was a huge hit in the darkest timeline.

5. progrocker71

The 6th season of Community will debut March 17th on Yahoo Screen. There will be 2 episodes available on that date and then new episodes will be released weekly on Tuesdays after that.

6. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

I will be severely disappointed if that Gremlin isn't a regular addition to the show.

[​IMG]

7. progrocker71

8. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Trailer's still not available for viewing in Canada.

The show itself better be available up this side of the border or I'm gonna be gettin' a mite cranky. I'm certainly not getting any MORE patient as I get older.

Especially if it takes as long to come out on DVD as season 4 of Arrested Development did.

9. progrocker71

Try this:

93curr likes this.
  10. progrocker71

Okay, sorry Canada and Europe, looks like no licensing agreement has been made so far, here's the details of where/when/how you can see Community season 6.

Community Season Six Availability
    Community season six will be available on Yahoo Screen starting March 17th, 2015.

What devices can you use to watch Community on Yahoo Screen?

You will be able to watch the new season by downloading the Yahoo Screen app* for iOS and Android. You can also watch on your computer, Apple TV, Roku, or XBox.*

Where can I watch Community on Yahoo Screen?

The new season will be available in the U.S., Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.

Outside of Yahoo, where else will Community run globally? (Updated 3/9)

• In the U.K.: SET, premieres 3/18
    • In Australia: Stan, premieres 3/18
    We’ll update you as the season’s availability is announced for other countries.

*mobile and streaming device availability is U.S. only

rainspainplain likes this.
  11. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

12. progrocker71

Episodes 1 & 2 available now.

I love Paget Brewster, she's a nice addition to the mayhem.

13. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

It's official: I'm cranky. :(

14. progrocker71

I know Yahoo is "working on" getting licensing together for Canada and Europe...but in the interim, it's situations like this that gives Pirate Bay a reason to exist.

15. rainspainplain

rainspainplain Forum Resident

Just finished them. I need to watch them again because there are jokes I know I missed just in the first five minutes but I'm sure I'll end up watching them many many times. No commercials and longer episodes! It's so great! I'm glad they've only released two episodes too. I would have torn through them like a junkie.

Deesky and heatherly like this.
  16. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I saw both of them too. They're great. I wish they were on TV, but they've still got the creative writing going.

heatherly likes this.
  17. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

"I SET THE TIME ZONE!"

18. progrocker71

Jeff: “If I have to start drinking in the men’s room, the score in my head has to change from Trent Reznor to Johnny Cash doing Trent Reznor.”

19. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'll echo the consensus opinion - a very good comeback - much better than I feared.

Spoilers follow...

I loved the copious meta-jokes in the first ep including the parody style recap to catch us up from where things ended previously. And the 80s style musical montages had me smirking. I also liked in ep 2 the send-up of 3D skeuomorphic UIs to the point of impracticality. The cure was a 2D screen with a mouse! The running gag with Chang being fanged by a cat was also a nice touch.

The writing looks very sharp so far. Can't wait for the paint-ball episode! :)

20. rhubarb9999

rhubarb9999 Forum Resident

I thought they both kinda sucked. I only laughed at 'Tacos!'.

Go back and watch the first few seasons .. then you will remember how great this show used to be.

21. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

Funny, I'd say rewatch the first season and see how far the show has evolved...

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

rburly, heatherly and progrocker71 like this.
  22. Hard Panner

Hard Panner Baroque Popsike & Fuzz

Think the first episode was better than the second - both being pretty darn good/great.

23. progrocker71

The 3rd episode (the 100th in the series) is a total gem. Paget Brewster's monologue just killed me, I ended up going back and watching it 3 times. SO GLAD we got a 6th season!

Chang - "Could you guys get any more nerdy?"
    Abed - "No, we've pretty much reached our full potential."

Deesky and rainspainplain like this.
  24. rainspainplain

rainspainplain Forum Resident

Great episode. I was in a good mood but I still think I would have laughed out loud a bunch during today's episode. Maybe not the deepest episode but it was very entertaining.

Anyone on here listen to the Harmontown podcast too?

Deesky likes this.
  25. progrocker71

I haven't listened to the podcast but I just watched the documentary Harmontown on Netflix a couple weeks ago, it's very entertaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.