*Companion Thread*: SH FORUM GIVEAWAY: "Elvis 24 Karat Hits"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DanG, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street Thread Starter

I already own this CD, so, per Steve's request, I'm not posting in the original Giveaway thread.

But I couldn't help notice the action that the original thread is getting. Both the number of posts, and, interestingly, the number of views. DCC Elvis 24K is obviously still a hot number.

Thanks to the incredible kindness of MalteseGort JOEL CAIRO, Steve, and the good people/Gorts at SHF, someone's going to be listening to this great music, pronto! FREE!

Is this good, or what?! :righton:

2. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I agree. I already have the disc, so I didn't want to post in the giveaway thread so as to give someone who doesn't have the disc a chance to win. This shows how great a place this truly is, since the person donating this disc for this purpose could easily sell it for upward of $60.00 or more and make a profit.

I truly hope that the winner of that disc puts it to great use!!! :righton:

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I also have the disc, had it for six years, and someone id going to be very happy! I love this disc. To think that before I bought it, my interest in Elvis Presley was limited to "Suspicious Minds"!

4. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I posted in the thread to say I didn't want it and to thank Joel. I'm sure they'll work it out OK. I am also surprised by the large number of members who want this CD.

5. Tim Casey

Tim Casey Active Member

Ditto for me. I stayed away to give others a better chance. What a great listening experience this CD is!

6. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

I have never heard the disc and it has been a dream of mine to have it. Ah so many dreams, so little reality involved! (that would make a gread quote...I think I'll do so!)

So I envy you all for having access to it. But I am sure one day, it'll come up somehow that I'll find one offered in my direction. Until then, those with doubles...time to unload after this givaway!!!

7. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Yeah, I already have one also so I didn't post. It's a very cool thing that's going on there on that thread though and one lucky member is in for a treat.
    :agree:
    Peace-
    Norm

8. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

I sold a second copy I had that was sealed to a friend of my wife a couple of years ago. She told me she was afraid to play it, so I told her to keep it sealed and made her a CD-R of it so she'd have one told play.

Once you hear 24 Karat Hits it'll spoil you.

9. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Yes! After DCC, no virtually other Elvis CD will measure up!

10. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Im glad to own this one already too, no need to post for another one but that sure was cool of Joel to offer it up. Good luck to all the deserving!

11. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

As I opened this thread to read - Don't Be Cruel (from an 80's vintage RCA CD) came up on "random play" on a "jukebox" style player I have hooked up. I have never heard Steve's Elvis - and would love to hear the breath of life on some of these songs that (to me) always had the WORST pseudo-stereo, or rather thin sounding mono.

12. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

I just bought a copy back in June. I already had a CD-R, but I must say I'm thrilled to have the REAL DEAL. Sounds freakin' awesome.

13. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

I stayed out of the thread, too ... but because I have the vinyl version. It's outstanding!

I used it whenever possible to create my "rebuttal" to the 30 #1 Hits CD in 2002 ... I created a CD for home use that had 30 songs that really did hit #1 on at least one of the Billboard pop, country, R&B and adult contemporary charts, plus one bonus cut that hit #1 on the Christmas singles charts ("Blue Christmas"). Elvis never sounded so good!

14. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Well, all I can say is, I'd rather be with the bunch here that already has their own copy, rather than the 200+ still on the waiting list, apparently....:eek: :shh: ;)

But whoever snags it will have a real gem...and around here, there aren't many other titles as coveted...or needed!

:ed:

15. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

I consider myself lucky to own this one also. One of Steve's best efforts and whoever gets the free one is gonna LOVE IT!!!!!

16. bob2935

bob2935 Active Member

Thank you for starting this companion thread. I have been out-bid several times trying to get hold of this title. Collecting Elvis on CD has always been an interesting adventure. So, in case I don't win, what about Big Hunk O' Love? Take 3? Correct master faded early? New correct master edited from Takes 3 & 4 by Steve? Somebody here must know.
    Bob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.