Complete Pop Instrumental Hits of the Sixties Vol. 3 1962 coming 02/19/2013

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jupiter8, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Thanks for posting. Seems to be at least 30 tracks I either don't know or are alternate versions/performers. That's enough to interest me. :)

HominyRhodes likes this.
  2. sgb

sgb Senior Member

I got the email too. Will probably spring for it, although I already have nearly everything on it.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  3. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

I have the 1960 & 1961 sets, and will get the 1962 edition soon, as well as the new 1959 set. As usual, I do have many of these recordings already, but not always in the mono/stereo alternate versions that they offer.

I will be curious to hear this "DES" track:

33. Stereo Debut –Bonus Track WILD WEEKEND The Rockin' Rebels #8 12/1/62 Stereo*

*This track is presented in Digitally Extracted Stereo (DES), a technological advance that uses the original mono recording to produce an authentic stereo listening experience

4. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

I thought at the time this track was missing from the earlier releases. Wonder if there is any story to why this 1962 track is tacked onto the 1959 year set.

5. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

Quite right - I'd forgotten about that, and I even replied to one of your earlier posts about it. :hide:

6. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

I'll probably pick this one up too, but I sure wish they'd quit putting stereo mixes on here - especially for-the-first-time stereo mixes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.