Concert For George reissue CD/LP/DVD Feb 23, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zgredzik, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I ordered mine very late, when there were about 50 copies remaining. As Mazzy noted, it's probably just random assignment of numbered copies...

2. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I got two boxes and BOTH had some cardboard shipping box dents and one has a hole dent in it. They went cheap on the shipping. Luckily, one has a dent along the side with some space between the double cardboard. I decided to leave one not only sealed but also sealed inside the shipping box. The one in better shape I left alone and I opened the one with the most shipping box damage.

Sure enough, right were the dent was on the back right cover, there is a corresponding "squeeze" dent. But it isn't near as bad as yours my friend.
    I'm not going to send mine back because they are out and if they have extra boxes, with my luck, and their crappy shipping, I will run the risk of getting something worse.
    And I don't think they will ship it FIRST and then let me send the bad one back SECOND.

You also mentioned wanting to open your box but not being sure of what to do.
    I don't think it changes your return privileges in any way if you take the shrink off. After all, you are inspecting it more closely for further damage by opening it and examining the contents. Nothing is voided by removing the shrink.

As far as whether to return it or not, in your case I def. would IF they will replace the box. My damage is so small that it wouldn't be worth it.

The crazy thing is that I got home to two boxes on my porch with dents and one with a small hole. Crazy!

The box they sent you my friend was supposed to go to me. The karma police got us mixed up. Your living my dream/I mean nightmare.

longdist01 likes this.
  3. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

My other copy might be a low number but I am keeping it sealed. I should probably open the shipping box on this second one to check for damage but I don't see myself returning it. I noticed a few sellers on eBay with items that were never removed from their shipping box. So I thought with this one, I would do the same. It is a yin/yang proposition however. Shipping box sealed means brand spankin new. It also means that it could have some level of damage. Kind of a shrodinger's cat scenario.

mrjinks likes this.
  4. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Your fabric (lucky number 493), has a clearly defined edge pattern - L shape. I would find myself trying to "find" it in the pictures or video for fun. Mine is not defined at all. Yet I admit, I found myself "looking" for it. Silly I know, but what is not silly and so awesome to know that it was hanging behind these blokes picking up the acoustics and being in the presence of these giants.

Like I said earlier, it is as close to the event, people, and experience as I'll ever get.

mrjinks likes this.
  5. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

The entire thing is total BS. I mean "they" had the entire day today to get that customer service email with the heading ... Like their not reading them, ha ha
    of course they are. I am nearly certain that at least Dhani could easily monitor
    this thread.. if not he would be told by a friend or something. Olivia and Dhani, etc... naturally want to know reaction and comments as these have just gone out. Who knows man.
    I can't tell how bad, or buckled the right side is because as the photos above show possible side trauma. Just got over the Bowie box Visconti fiasco, and more. One person says keep it sealed, another open it .. I'm in my own private hell people. I had figured my note would have yielded a response quickly.
    Grief, grief, grief.

No one has mentioned anything about the note from Olivia ?
    Of course, I'm certain it is not hand signed. God forbid: 6 months to sign 1000 copies. Guess that would be too much to hope for. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm quite serious. The final decision on packaging and shipping is made at the top, or pretty close. Also, the no signature required, just leaving it at the door. C'mon ? It was just starting to rain when I got home. But none of this really means jack- because my box was placed the way it was in the packaging process. It was dropped, smashed on something and boxed.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  6. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I get damaged stuff all of the time. It's almost like, if you want something limited and/or with a low number, you have to order two, knowing that at least one will need to be returned. I want to get in on a low number for the next McCartney Deluxe Book(s) coming out, but the odds are it will come damaged with a low number and the replacement will come with a higher number. Or in the case of this Harrison box, you can keep a damaged one or get your money back and not have anything.

When I buy something from the McCartney site or Elusive, the records usually come in a full box placed within another full box. NEVER had problems when things are sent that way - (with the exception of an occasional split seam. Sharp edged sealed records inside soft cardboard album covers mixed with shipping jostling can equal split seams).

forthlin likes this.
  7. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I had the split seam issue on several of my copies of that first batch of Macca colored vinyl. To their credit, they shipped replacements and let me keep the original damaged copies. I sure hope you guys get this CFG issue squared away.

longdist01, mrjinks and Maranatha5585 like this.
  8. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I noticed the same thing about the fabric image being there without the tapestry card in place. It looks like that when the card is inserted, the tapestry that was cut for you is what is displayed. But when it is removed, a generic one shows up that is printed on the BACK side of the window. I think this is done so that anyone who wants to frame this or whatever can do so without it changing the look of the box cover. I think the site somewhere mentioned this "suitable for framing" idea.

My problem is that I cannot reinsert my tapestry card back into the slot without it getting caught on the circle lip or something. It will only go in if I slip it in BACKWARD with the yellow/gold card facing out to the front. Anyone else have this problem?

9. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Too funny! I'm sitting here right now sealing up my Ram split seam return- about to go to the post office, but checked this site for any posts.

I bought the first 8 colored vinyl. They came in a great full DOUBLE box. All were perfect except the Ram on top. It had a split seam. They sent me a return label. Nothing mentioned about sending out replacements without the return first. Wonder how I can get in on your deal. How many bad ones did you get?

forthlin likes this.
  10. mrjinks

It does go back in, but it takes some work, that’s for sure...

11. lennon_08518

lennon_08518 Forum Resident

I received mine on June 10th. #492. Happily, mine arrived with no damage.
    Best of luck to everyone who had problems.

mrjinks likes this.
  12. mrjinks

HA! We're neighbors (#493 pictured earlier). :)

lennon_08518 likes this.
  13. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

5 of the 8 had seam splits. I had to send them photos of the damage and they said I could return them for a refund or they'd ship replacements and keep the damaged ones. I just received the second batch of the Macca colored vinyl and they were perfect. In fact, both shipments of the McCartneys were really well packaged, it's just that the sharp edges of the vinyl wore through the top seams of the sleeves on that first batch. I don't know if I did anything special to get the "deal" though I did mention that I buy a lot of records and I'm an active participant in a community of like minded folks.

Looking forward to seeing some good news on the CFG story, fingers crossed.

longdist01, Maranatha5585 and mrjinks like this.
  14. mrjinks

That used to happen to me when I was ordering LPs from overseas. Sadly, it happened to a fair number of LPs that are now quite rare, because very few people were ordering them at the time - stuff like Wonsaponatime, Twin Freaks, Paul is Live, etc.

forthlin likes this.
  15. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

[​IMG]

48 hours and still no response from GH customer service ..
    I decided to open it after two days sitting on the table.
    I did my best to pull it up and attempt to smooth the front box.
    So - so results, better than I expected .. but still obvious.
    Better luck on the rt side area, where it was not as bad as expected and a slight bump.
    A couple inner sleeve seam splits and a color printing blemish to fourth cover. No note as I had thought it had said .. I am not going to send anything back and easily get a worse one. They are lost within the process clearly, very poor practices IMO. The best I would hope for is a bit of a credit... won't be holding my breath.
    I am happy with my portion of the CFG stage curtain, numbered # 0776 of 1000.
    As I said today on one of my threads, missed it by one digit .. # 0777 is God's number of perfection. Now that would have been sweet. The LP's look clean, have not played yet.

Hoping you get some tracking news soon Jerry.
    Someone post some test pressing photos please ?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Jerry Horne and forthlin like this.
  16. mrjinks

Finishing up side six and am mighty impressed with the quiet pressings (maybe 5 slight ticks on one side). Sad that Bruce and others have shipping issues, because the vinyl, at least, is stellar...

17. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Anyone check out the Blu Ray yet?

longdist01 and MRamble like this.
  18. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

anyone with customer service response? after 2 days nothing!

19. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Bruce - I'm glad I just checked the tracking numbers. It originally said Friday but now it says 'out for delivery' today. Of course, reading this thread fills me with dread.

I'll post pictures of the test pressings, assuming they remembered to send them to me. I suppose this means they should be in a bigger box hopefully with more protection.

Maranatha5585 and mrjinks like this.
  20. Jack Lumber

Jack Lumber Forum Resident

It’ll be interesting to see whether the test pressings and box numbers tally together! Whether your main box will be one of the first 15!!!

Maranatha5585 and Jerry Horne like this.
  21. Jerry Horne

I actually see no indication that the TP's are numbered, only limited to 15. Even if they were, I doubt they would pair up numbers.

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  22. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Really sorry Bruce... we fans, dont deserve this. I ordered mine in February, hoping I could get the package in time for my dad’s birthday on April 25th. I got frustrated, talked to my dad and canceled the order. Still think I did the right thing. Spending a good part of my salary, being frustrated for a whole month(cuz my das’s birthday was arriving), and waiting weeks for a crappy email saying “sorry for the delay”, not my cup of tea.
    The more I think about it, the more I noticed how BAD the Harrison State deals with George’s music. I already been attacked by Olivia fans (which I think its not totally her fault obviously), but whoever deals with are making a bad job. Anither subject that makes me really pissed... the Genesis books.
    I have to paid 1500$ or more, if I want information and photos about the Live in Japan tour? Or some B sides like Flying Hour? Why after 25 years, they dont make a edition without the CDs and the signatures for the fans in general?
    I guess only rich people have the right to access George Harrison material.

23. Jack Lumber

Well my parcel has managed to travel from MI to NY so far... it’s an anxious wait! Only 3400 miles to go!!!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  24. Jerry Horne

Well, you know there had to be an issue. Big one at that.

Package arrived. Big box within-a-box. Everything mint condition. But...

Only ONE test pressing lp. I went back to the order page and sure enough it still reads "Complete set of authentic Test Pressings (4-discs), pressed at Quality Record Pressings (QRP)."

So I sent a message. They never replied to my last one though.

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  25. Jack Lumber

Concerning!!!

vitorbastos123 and Jerry Horne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.