Concert For George reissue CD/LP/DVD Feb 23, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zgredzik, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

A pic of your LP4 cover might be helpful if you have a chance...

If I squint, I maybe see a couple very tiny flecks of white on an LP cover, but it's barely perceptible to me.

2. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Sorry about all my posts today. It's just that there are two distinct experiences being posted on here: Great ones such as Mazzys and others with blemishes, dents, splits, and missing stuff.
    I checked. Perhaps the 4th lps got affected more. I have no white blemishes/flecks on the first 3 laps. But their is a very small amount on the bottom left front of the 4th lp. I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. It looks like tiny areas where the cover art/color has been scraped off. So not something you can wipe away. But again, very minimal and in one area only on mine. No sleeve splits either.

3. I thought there were only two people who had problems so far ? Not exactly an epidemic.

chacha likes this.
  4. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Look at my Avatar. I'm full of bluster!

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  5. Jack Lumber

Jack Lumber Forum Resident

There is a set up on eBay w/test pressings with a start bid of $1999.

He/she advertises a complete set of TPs but the pictures suggest the package is still sealed and they only picture 1no mailer envelope suggesting he/she also only has 1 or 2 of the test pressing discs!

My hope that Your situation is a one-off appears to be fading fast!

I bought this set a happy chappy, but I’m getting seriously cheesed off at the prospect of having been cheated!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  6. Jack Lumber

I’ve messaged the seller to find out if he/she definately has all 4 discs- I suspect not- so if I get confirmation I will escalate my complaint!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  7. mrjinks

Two Grand! Damn, that's one greedy dude!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  8. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Can you throw me the link?

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  9. mrjinks

longdist01 and Jerry Horne like this.
  10. Jerry Horne

Thanks. Looks the same as mine. As you can see, that mailer for the test pressings holds only one or two lp's. That's two of us that got screwed. Looks like someone at the warehouse decided to put together several complete sets for themselves.

Maranatha5585 and Jack Lumber like this.
  11. Jerry Horne

Just heard back from that eBay seller and he only received one test pressing.

12. Jack Lumber

Me too- he too has now contacted the GH shop!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  13. Jack Lumber

I know they discourage multiple complaints, but I felt I had to voice an updated concern. It is under a separate ticket number, so hopefully I will get 2no separate responses in due course.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  14. mrjinks

Wow, so did only half a dozen of us order the deluxe here? Kinda surprised at how few have commented on this thing...

15. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Exactly. I haven’t read a single one. How does the new Blu transfer look and sound compared to the old - that’s what I would like to know!

16. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

As much as I love George -- and that's a LOT -- this is the kind of thing I can't go for. I'm sure it's beautiful and a wonder to behold, but if there's no music in it that I don't already have, I have to save my money for other things. With the chatter that's going on in the new Macca album thread, and the looming certainty of a White Album box, I don't regret my decision.

Mind you, if it was an archival box set of rarities and outtakes, I'd do anything -- second mortgage, sell an organ, whatever. But there's gotta be new music involved.

EDIT: You can tell I love George because I'm subscribed to this thread, even though I never intended to buy this set! Just pressing my nose against the window, watching you all open your Christmas presents...

superstar19 and IronWaffle like this.
  17. Jack Lumber

Furious right now... how many days since I emailed to explain that I am tracking my parcel, but am aware of 2 out of only 15 test pressing buyers that only 1no disc is being dispatched and urging an investigation to safeguard the remaining discs.

Today I get a crappy standard response advising that shipping may take several days and be delayed by customs, but showing me how I can track my parcel!!!

The final wind up... the sign-off inviting me to raise any other questions or queries I may have by replying to the e-mail!!!

:realmad::realmad::realmad:

Useless doesn’t come close to describing their customer service!

18. mrjinks

Sorry Jack! Assuming the newly renamed @Maranatha5585 hasn't heard back from Customer Service yet either?

19. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Bad news Jack.. complete failure with the entire business experience at George Harrison's
    exclusive web site. I'm appalled, a shining righteous model of business ethics and honesty they are NOT.

I have finally gotten an email end of day Friday, and a second early on Saturday morning ..
    Too disgusted and amazed to believe the cold, indifferent responses. Stunned.. I have yet to write them back. I will share this experience with you, really needed a break.
    Will elaborate on what was sent as a reply sometime today.
    Very strange that only four (4) of us have mentioned a word about all this...

20. mrjinks

I'd encourage you to write to the Better Business Bureau - if the sellers don't respond suitably, at least others will know what they're getting in for next time they want to sell a "deluxe" item.

longdist01 likes this.
  21. Thomas Pugwash

Thomas Pugwash Forum Resident

So mine finally arrived. It's sitting here in the box. Waiting to get a Twix and a cuppa before I open it. But.......I had to shelve out and extra 92 EUROS to my postman to get it..!! Customs charge. UPS did ALL the donkey work then passed it over to our beloved An Post (Ireland) and they went "Begorrah this is a heavy bugger. Let's slap 92 EUROS on it because we have to carry it to the van!!" F***wits.

longdist01 likes this.
  22. mrjinks

Good lord - that's awful...

I'd need something stronger than "a cuppa" after that.

longdist01 and Thomas Pugwash like this.
  23. Jack Lumber

I don’t know how everyone else paid, but I’m thanking my lucky stars that I (uncharacteristically) used PayPal.

I can still raise a dispute within 180 days of the original purchase transaction- I bought (as I assume most of us did) on 17.01.18, and so have until 16.07.2018 to open a case.

Once I receive my package I will be on the phone to PayPal to start the ball rolling!

I’m hoping I can just dispute the $100 difference so I won’t be obliged to return the main box set if it comes to that.

24. Jack Lumber

Was that just for the deluxe set without TPs?!?

Thomas Pugwash likes this.
  25. BBB won’t help. That’s the 1970s. Seriously as I’ve said twice before; go social with Facebook Instagram and Twitter. That’s how you get results and responses in 2018. You need to @ everyone involved.

Show pics tell your story and tag them all.

Or don’t and keep waiting :tiphat:

longdist01 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.