Concert For George reissue CD/LP/DVD Feb 23, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zgredzik, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Pugwash

Thomas Pugwash Forum Resident

Yes. Just the main geezer.

2. Thomas Pugwash

And look at the revenue e-mail address? PMC..?? DAMN YOU MACCA..!!

[​IMG]

3. Thomas Pugwash

So.....it's a thing of real beauty. Mine didn't have any dents so that was cool. The book is beautiful but has me shaking a bit at its 'Let it be box' type binding. At least I got through it once anyway. The vinyl certainly aren't spotless. Plenty of white scuffs on mine..in the grooves. Just annoying really. And fairly warped shape wise but I'm sure it won't affect the play so I'm not too concerned but just.....why? And I've provided photographic evidence of the weird white marks on the L.P. covers. It's not a scratch or a tear. It's just like the blue stopped.....being blue. For you not so much blue. It's only on L.P. 1 and a tiny Mark on the back of L.P. 4.

The cloth piece is stunning. The design is breathtaking and I got number 0394/1000. Overall I'm very happy I got this glorious box but just some simple things let it down. Perfection is a fickled mistress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

I have some of those little white printing gremlins on top of everything else, I hadn't mentioned much on that...

5. Jack Lumber

Jack Lumber Forum Resident

Well the delivery service is slow!!!

The tracking number works on UPS, but they say it isn’t their tracking number and cannot give me any more info than the app does.

Apparently the parcel is now with the UK’s very own Royal Mail, so the tracking number is not valid for that, and USPS doesn’t recognise it either.

After a week with U.K. customs, it has “cleared” albeit with a massive bill, I’m sure.

Now awaiting a scheduled delivery date.

GH shop has responded to my complaint with an obvious, “as we’ve dispatched your package we cannot check what’s in it” but an assurance it is recorded as containing the TPs, but if I find any missing on receipt, then they can sort it out.

I am somewhat resigned to assuming I will never have a full set of 4 TPs- I’ll probably sell the lone disc on in protest!

Any news on any other missing TPs?!?

6. Bootleghofner

Bootleghofner Forum Resident

Yup, my copy arrived today (#0546, with a 95 Euros import tax bill!!) and also just 1 Test Pressing LP (numbered 888072030077 on the blank cover's sticker). What a joke. Or rather, a ****ing disgrace. Living in the material world, indeed.......

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  7. Jack Lumber

All in good condition at least, I hope. Good luck chasing the customer service team.

Part of me wants to bang out a further email of concern, but clearly they won’t do anything or even comment on the obvious widespread issue until I have checked my parcel... even though the dispatchers must have 45 spare test pressing discs sat around!

I’ll just have to hope mine arrives Mon/ Tues so I can confirm the inevitable ASAP... then wait a week for a response!!!

8. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I forget - are there supposed to be 4 test pressings in the package?

9. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Yep, we got screwed. Still no response from them.

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  10. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Curious as to the price differential between the "standard" 4 LP set and the super-D with test pressing(s)?

It seems to me that the price difference should be refunded due to the mis-communication.

longdist01 and Jerry Horne like this.
  11. Jerry Horne

$100- more for the "Complete set of authentic Test Pressings (4-discs), pressed at Quality Record Pressings (QRP)"

12. Bootleghofner

Being a vinyl collector, I would have never forked out $450 if there would have been just 1 Test Pressing. I'd just as soon return the whole shebang if they don't send me the three missing TPs.....

13. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Sounds like social media could be an avenue, but i would think Paul at Super Deluxe might be really effective in getting some response.

longdist01 likes this.
  14. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

This is exactly where I'm at.

And I've never had a good experience ordering from the Harrison website. Really horrendous customer service every time.

15. I suggested that several times here but it doesn’t seem anyone has tried that.

longdist01 likes this.
  16. Jerry Horne

Anybody have the email for Paul at Super Deluxe? I tried to click contact but it wanted me to set up some email thing.

17. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

I think he has been effective in the past in aggregating complaints, escalating to the labels and providing communications back. I would be doing that if i had paid for this super deluxe item and experienced the delays and misleading info...just my two cents.

longdist01 likes this.
  18. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Have you tried replying to the comments thread at the bottom of the link?

19. Bootleghofner

I have just attempted that.

20. Jerry Horne

Just did.

21. Jerry Horne

Someone just posted that two people received a complete set of Test Pressings? I've seen no sign of that here?

22. Jack Lumber

$75 refund- then a claim back for th import charges on that $75! A palaver I’d rather not have to go through- but probably will have to.

23. Bootleghofner

"Your comment is awaiting moderation". I also put in a claim with PayPal. Surely Universal can't get away with this??

Jerry Horne and Jack Lumber like this.
  24. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

As of now there a few packages of vinyl States and Overseas which I will not bother with, care and quality in shipping, I don't really see why the Purchaser is getting screwed over with chasing after the Producer of these sets...do it right and check the work before it is made, packaged, and processed for shipping anywhere. Really shoddy work and not looking at jackets for spots if white?

George would not be happy with this idea. Seriously not happy.

25. Jerry Horne

Please keep us updated on the PayPal refund. Looks like that is the route I will have to take.

Maranatha5585 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.