Coronet Blue headed to DVD!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by James Slattery, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

Given that there was no final episode, it is a "spoiler" to know the intended ending? If not, I'll add that The Bourne Identity clearly was inspired by this series.

2. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

As pointed I out in post #15.

misterjones likes this.
  3. misterjones

I see, but how did you know it looks like the DVD set I currently own? :)

I often buy an official release (music or video) even after I've purchased a bootleg, but I don't think that will be the case here. I'll wait to see what else is being offered and I assume the video quality will be quite an improvement.

But for those of you who like 1960s secret agent, man-on-the-run, etc. shows and have not seen this one, I'd recommend giving this series a try.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The show creator revealed this many years later in an interview. I think if the show had continued, there's always the chance that the blow to the secret agent's head was so severe, he had a brain injury and a personality change... kind of like the very fine Harrison Ford film Regarding Henry, where he starts off as a total jerk attorney, gets shot in the head, and then when he recovers, he finds he's kinder, gentler, more appreciative of his family, and has gained a sense of morality. You can draw parallels to Bourne Identity: a violent hired-assassin spy who wakes up from his programming and decides to have a life instead.

longdist01 likes this.
  5. misterjones

I wouldn't advocate that they be shot, but I know more than a few lawyers who could use a blow to the head with a five iron (though I doubt it would do much good).

Vidiot likes this.
  6. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Is this the one where he outruns that big orange bubble, drives to the city, and as he closes his office door, you see he's #1! :yikes:

Oh, noooo! :eek: SPOILER ALERT...! SPOILER ALERT...!

;)

7. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident Thread Starter

My understanding is that he was going to defect and that was why his cohorts tried to bump him off and dumped him in the East River. And why they were still after him.

8. misterjones

East River? 1960s? He would have been poisoned in 30 seconds.

Vidiot likes this.
  9. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

The series was released today on DVD. I got my copy in the mail and watched the first episode. It's surely a product of the sixties, but the DVD looked presentable. It's always a treat to watch Susan Hampshire in a 60s production.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.