Cowboy Junkies live, last night

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tim, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim New Member Thread Starter

I saw the Cowboy Junkies last night at the beautiful Pabst Theater in downtown Mil. They played two sets, the first, a 40 minute acoustic set, and then a one-hour electric performance. One of the best SOUNDING concerts I have ever attended. There was a lot of on stage banter regarding the Schwartzenegger victory. I urge everyone to see this band live, if you have the opportunity. The singer has a mesmerizing stage presence, and their guitarist has a tasteful, minimalist style. I will now go out and purchase all of their albums.

2. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

I listen to The Trinity Sessions CD Every Day.
    I also found the LP. It is the RCA version.
    There is also a 45rpm set available - yet I am not sure which sounds better.

You are so lucky.
    I am off to ticketmaster to see if they are playing on the west coast.
    Thanks for the tip.

3. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

I didn't know they were touring. Last I heard Mike was getting ready to adopt another baby. I really hope they get back down here. I love their music and their shows are amazing. Plus they are some of the nicest and most down to earth musicians I have ever met. Thanks for the tip
    Best-
    Norm

4. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

5. James RD

James RD Senior Member

I was just listening to "Lay It Down" last night. Great sounding CD. I love their version of "Ooh Las Vegas" on the Gram Parsons tribute album.

6. jkerr

jkerr Senior Member

I have most of the Cowboy Junkies cds and they all sound very good to me. Also their Open Road DVD is good.

Their website has a lot of info for each album plus tour dates etc:

http://www.cowboyjunkies.com

7. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Clay, I have the Classic Records 45 of the Trinity sessions - in a word "awesome", the best I have ever heard. I saw the Cowboy Junkies many years back in the Beacon in NYC, had first row balcony seats, it was great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.