Creedence Clearwater Revival CCR Absolute Originals LP Box?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean V, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

I forget, was the 45 box the version that left some songs off the albums?

2. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Yep, many of the albums were (considerably in some cases , shorter), but they sounded even better at 45 RPM! Thanks Steve, for great sounding CCR albums! Maybe next time , we can get the FULL albums at 45 RPM , a man can dream , right ? :)

3. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Yes, the 45 rpm versions had between 2 and 6 songs depending on the title. I don't think the 45 rpm box sold very well. I bought one a couple years after it had been released, and my copy was numbered in the 500's. I think it really only appealed to audiophiles with equipment good enough to be able to hear the improvements offered by those wide grooves.

4. Elmuk

Elmuk New Member

Last month I purchased a sealed box set of Absolute Originals full length LPs on Amazon sold by Rasputin in CA for $300. They listed 2 sets and both were gone quick. I had been searching every day for some time and didn't hesitate. A couple weeks later the same seller posted the 45 RPM box. I jumped on that one as well. As I write this I am ripping the 45s at 24/96 and will be burning a DVD-A soon. The sound of all 16 discs worth every penny IMO. Don't give up the search.

5. mesaboogie

mesaboogie Forum Resident

edit, removed, the 45 is not instock on acoustic sounds website. I thought I saw it in stock the other day when looking for the 33 after seeing the thread.

6. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

***Update.. spoke with Nate at RMAF... said they will be in the process at some point in the near future of re-pressing the CCR Absolute Originals LP Box set.. just dealing with the studio red tape.. but he said it is going to happen and not to spend outrageous $$ on ebay!! Be patient all... we will get them again!! on QRP no less!! Apparently , Fogerty is pushing for these too cause he wants some good sounding copies for himself as well, so that is good news :)

7. hishou

hishou Forum Resident

OMG BEST NEWS OF THE DAY

MikeJedi likes this.
  8. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Why the interest in the box? Aside from the bonus disk with a few wide stereo tracks, there isn't much difference from the individual albums and SACD's. Are those now out of print?

9. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Yes. There's some old stock floating around for some of the albums but for the most part they're all out of print and only available on places like e-bay.

10. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

I'm glad I could relay that to you guys....! :) Good news indeed!! :agree:

11. Sean V

Sean V Well-Known Member Thread Starter

One the most awesome things I've heard all year...thank you!

12. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

13. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Not only are the ccr lp's being pressed again.. @200gram, if you don't want to wait... you can pick this one up in the meanwhile..... it looks like they found some warehouse finds at cheap prices -----> http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/3..._Revival-Cosmos_Factory-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record
    Steve's and Kevin's Cosmo's 180G AP @ $25.00 .. get'em while they last...! :) I got one 'cause Cosmo's is one of my favorite CCR albums and I wanted another great copy so i couldn't resist at this price... :)

14. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

update.. great news .... :) http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=whatsnew

Pre/Order is up for the re-pressed set with all of them @ 200 gram , pressed at QRP.. and you get he extra 45 with the wide stereo remixes and the box and booklet , of course for $280.00... pretty decent price, i think the original set was 250.00, if i'm not mistaken... :) .. and of course, the nice mastering by our host and Mr. Gray!!!!

RiRiIII and hishou like this.
  15. hishou

hishou Forum Resident

To the risk of repeating myself, this is great news indeed! But comes at an awful time with the Beatles Mono box 2 weeks later...
    I was wondering, are they using the same metal plates as the previous ones? Any chance these won't sound as good as the previous ones considering that not only had Analogue Prod gone through a run in the past, but Fantasy is also using the same metal parts to make their recent reissues.

16. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

That is good news. I wonder if they might redo the 45 box at some point though. Also, I see the announcement but can't find a way to actually pre-order this yet.

erniebert likes this.
  17. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Wait a second. $280 for 7 albums? $40 each seems a bit more expensive that last time, no? What I'd really like are 2-disc 45 rpm sets priced at $50 each (like the Doors albums). OK, I'm getting greedy.

18. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

Give me 45 RPM or give me death.

hvbias likes this.
  19. Sean V

Considering the time it would take me to track down at least NM originals of all of these albums, $40/piece for perfect condition vinyl with comparable mastering to the original issues is more than fair. Sold.

MikeJedi likes this.
  20. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

From what i understand, yes these are the same AP masters that Steve and Kevin did for the original sets.. so the metal parts should be exactly the same, except on 200 gram QRP vinyl.. and you also get them in Tip-On jackets as well... :)

21. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

If you mean the original Fantasy lps the AP masterings are nothing like the mastering on those. Very different. Not a bad thing of course.

22. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

So, was the debut album released in the first run of these reissues? I don't see it anywhere.

23. $20 and Dynaflex would work

24. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I bought these the first time around and Steve and Kevin's work on these records sound amazing.

25. Sean V

No, I just meant comparable as in quality of mastering. Should have been more specific.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.