Criterion Sale July 2017?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Mr. Fernando, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Fernando

Mr. Fernando Forum Resident Thread Starter

What date does it begin? I haven't been able to find anything on it.

suomynona likes this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

3. suomynona

suomynona Forum Resident

Funny that Tootsie is still full price. Called customer service, and they were oblivious so I guess I'll head into the store to try in person. Too bad none of the coupons they give you for when you become a member work on the titles I want (Moonrise Kingdom, Punch-Drunk Love.) Coupon codes worked on Dr. Strangelove and Before Trilogy.

4. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Of course it is; it is literally the only title I was considering buying!

5. Claus LH

Claus LH Forum Resident

Good start, got "Tampopo", "Black Narcissus", "Babette's Feast" and "Kurosawa's Dreams".
    C.

longdist01 likes this.
  6. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

Some things are still too pricey, as the list price has gone up on some new releases. I think the first to list at 45.00 per disc blu ray was 'His Girl Friday.' I did finally pick Friends of Eddie Coyle and Thief on DVD. I have a hard time paying over 20 bucks for blu rays I may not watch a bunch of times.

7. Claus LH

Claus LH Forum Resident

knob twirler,
    That's one reason why I have gone "international" with an Oppo player: Criterion is no longer the only game in town, and BFI/Eureka are quite a bit cheaper (and have superb quality). Criterion is going to have to cap their pricing at some point, especially with all the streaming competition, or else it becomes the classic death spiral of higher prices/lower sales.
    C.

8. People are complaining on other sites that coupons won't work anymore on Criterion titles.

9. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

I got a couple of 20% off coupons in the mail recently. My expectation was that they would not work on Criterion titles during the sale, which the cashier at my local B&N confirmed when I asked about it. No problem, as I intended to buy a book in addition to the Criterion titles I was picking up, so I figured I'd just use the coupon on the book.

When the cashier rung me up, she looked surprised and said that the coupon had automatically been applied to the most expensive item I purchased, which was not the book but rather was the Criterion Marseille Trilogy. MSRP on that set is $100, so with the sale it was $50, then another 10% off for my in-store member discount. The coupon knocked another $9.00 off, so I wound up getting the set for $35.99!

Your mileage, as the saying goes, may vary.

longdist01 likes this.
  10. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

Same with me. Seems to work in person but not online

11. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I was told by staff in media dept. coupons (20% in mail) would NOT apply during the Criterion sale run.

Just buy another item(book,greeting card,magazine, gum, etc) sale is discounted at the rest of the Cashiers. no need to argue with them!

12. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

Mine did work in person.

longdist01 likes this.
  13. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

I missed the sale this summer...crud. Don't they normally do a January sale too? I need to stock up on the Kubrick titles.

14. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I managed to get a few, but yeah around Christmas (third week?) is usually when the next sale is announced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.