Hi fellas! I spent the whole day working on my latest project. A single box housing hour meter displays for both my tube amp/preamp and turntable. Previously I had a cheap ABS box housing a single hour meter for my tube amp. This meter works off the 12V output of the preamp. This output is intended to work as a trigger signal to turn on a power amp. It's ideal to power the hour meter as well. After I had my tube amp hour meter up and running, it occured to me: why not have another similar meter to record estimated stylus/cartridge hours? The ideal way to do this would be by means of the turntable motor. I usually turn on the motor only when playing records. I very rarely keep the platter spinning for no reason. Therefore, it made perfect sense to have the hour meter register only when the motor was running. To do this, I added an extra switch to AC voltage going to the motor. The switch powers two AC receptacles. One for the motor and the other for the hour meter. The switch on the turntable itself would permanently stay in the "on" position. Originally I was going to use a 120V rated hour meter. This unit could be connected directly to the AC line. However, this kind of meter has an internal switching power supply. This would add hash and distortion to the AC signal going to the turntable. Not good. I decided to go for a 5-12 volt DC unit. This required the use of a small wall-wart transformer. I used a spare Nokia unit from an old cellphone. It puts out 8.3 volts, so it's within the range of the hour meter. Today I went to Fry's and found a nice extruded aluminum compact enclosure for my project. Much nicer looking than the ABS plastic I was using before. I got some other parts I needed including a switch, two AC receptacles, a IEC inlet with built in EMI filter, and a couple of 3.5 mm jacks. To drill the holes I used a Dremel tool. First time I used the thing, so there are some imperfections. In order to protect the finish from scratches, I made a template and then used clear tape to place it over the faceplate. The internals were wired with some spare Kimber Kable I had on hand. Not sure if it will make a difference sonically but it does look nice. Some pics for your enjoyment!