CSN Gold CD $45 BIN

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by musicalbeds, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger Thread Starter

2. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

how does that one sound? (it's gone by the way)

3. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger Thread Starter

I love the sound of it...I've no complaints. I've not compared it with anything so I can't say how it stacks up...but it works well for me.

4. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

heck of a great band too! Hopefully I will find one of these one day for decent price.

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I bought a mint copy of the gold disc recently for considerably more than $45, and I have to say that I think the original Atlantic CD sounds better. Oops. The gold disc sounds stuffy and bass-heavy to my ears. The original disc sounds clearer.

By the way, I've read that the '94 remaster has the same mastering as the gold disc. Is this true?

6. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Thanks Keith, you saved me some money.

7. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

As one who paid the extra $$ for the gold disc and packaging I say NO!! The Gold disc kicks the aluminum's *** It has to, it was more expensive. :winkgrin:

8. KeithH

Well, just my opinion. I would be curious to know if the gold disc and the '94 remaster share the same mastering.

9. KeithH

Believe me, I wanted to prefer the gold disc, but I kept shaking my head thinking something wasn't right. It just doesn't sound as clear as the orgiinal Atlantic disc to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.