"CSNY will never tour again, ever..."

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by deadbirdie, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

Croz has taken to Twitter as to place his heart on a sleeve.
    Fun to follow

2. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Croz has tweeted me twice recently in response to questions I posed to him on Twitter..

The most recent was to ask why Neil wanted every trace of himself removed from the Woodstock Movie and OST as IMHO they rocked??

Croz response: "He made a mistake" https://twitter.com/thedavidcrosby/status/577594156601610240

Now, does he mean - "he made a mistake" whilst playing live and wanted his error erased?

OR

does he mean "he made a mistake" in omitting himself from one of the biggest pieces of rock history?

3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Here's the thing: Neil might not know scales, but he knows what notes play well together.

It's like grammar. There are those who know all the rules, and then there are those who couldn't cite a rule to you, but who can write beautifully because they know how words go together in their head.

dino77 likes this.
  4. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

The latter. NY underestimated the skills of the film makers and the instantaneous and eventual legend of the event.
    It is understandable that he would think the film could be a mess as most rock related documentaries were chaotic.

5. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

He's not really "reaching out to Neil Young via Twitter". He's been answering random questions from people on a variety of subjects over the last week or so. The apology likely took place at the MusiCares event for Dylan which Neil and CSN participated in.

Someone asked him who should be in the R&R HOF who isn't already in and he said CSNY, which of course is ridiculous. Each member of CSNY is already in TWICE. I reminded him of that and said what about Harry Nilsson, Scott Walker, Nick Drake, the Cure, the Smiths, etc., and he didn't reply.

6. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

The Beatles and CSNY are the only two bands to have every band member in twice.
    Stills went in both times on the same day...iirc.

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, how could the Hall of Fame have overlooked CSNY, Crosby and Nash, The Stills Nash band, and Manassas? Sheesh, each of these guys should be at least 4 times before they waste time on the likes of Harry Nilsson.

8. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

That's a good description I would agree with. Neil is playing scales, but he doesn't know the name of them, he just knows where to put his fingers and what intervals will work.

9. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Not true. Stephen Stills had some early success in 1971. Remember?

Hey, CSN started out as three guys. They can do without Neil. And, for all you guys who are actually upset over this, they can patch things up on day, if they want. People have done it before.

10. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

I always think of them as csn, without Neil - he did one album with them in the hey day and he didn't even contribute to the whole thing, he used them to promote himself , and his organ playing on love the one you're with SUCKS on that 1974 tour on YouTube. Mr sound man , turn him down!

dewey02 likes this.
  11. rjp

rjp Senior Member

CSNY should absolutely be in the hall of fame, just based on "ohio" alone, and without even going into 'deja vu".

12. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Oh, but he did write "Ohio", and they recorded it in his studio...

13. erocky

erocky Senior Member

It is sort of strange behavior. However, these guys have very complicated relationships. Neil may need to be cornered on a social media to act correctly as his behavior at times with fellow musicians has been selfish and very self serving.

jwb1231970 likes this.
  14. rrbbkk

rrbbkk Forum Resident

"CSNY will never tour again, ever..."

After witnessing the two recent comeback tours and facing the reality of the 1974 tour (which I also saw) via last year's box set I, for one, am more than OK with this.

15. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

I don't think it really matters if they tour together again,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.