"Curb Your Enthusiasm" officially returning for a ninth season.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, STARRING LARRY DAVID, TO RETURN FOR ITS NINTH SEASON — HBO & Cinemax PR »

HIT HBO COMEDY SERIES CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, STARRING LARRY DAVID, TO RETURN FOR ITS NINTH SEASON

LOS ANGELES, June 14, 2016 — The Emmy®- and Golden Globe-winning comedy series CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, starring Larry David, will return to HBO for its ninth season, it was announced today by Casey Bloys, president, HBO programming. Details of the new season will be announced as they are confirmed.

“We’re thrilled that Larry has decided to do a new season of CURB and can’t wait to see what he has planned,” said Bloys.

Asked why he decided to come back, David said, “In the immortal words of Julius Caesar, ‘I left, I did nothing, I returned.’”

CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM stars “Seinfeld” co-creator David as an over-the-top version of himself in an unsparing but tongue-in-cheek depiction of his life. With 80 episodes to date, the show is HBO’s longest-running scripted comedy or drama series. David also starred in and co-wrote the 2013 HBO Films presentation “Clear History.”

Follow @HBOPR for more news and information.

2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Pretty good.......
    PRETTY..... PRETTY...... PRETTY..... Pretty good!

3. villiers terrace

villiers terrace Forum Resident

My beloved aunt will be pleased.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I will wait patiently for it to make it's way to Amazon Prime Video, where I binge-watched the first 8 seasons.

MikaelaArsenault, Gavinyl and AKA like this.
  5. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

You gotta flip it Larry

MikaelaArsenault and Gavinyl like this.
  6. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Awesome. No one can make me laugh and squirm quite like Larry David

7. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I opined in the other thread that Larry might be ready to do it now that his Bernie Sanders SNL skits are no longer needed.

HBO likes to premiere such shows in late September so hopefully if the scripts are written it will be produced by then.

8. starfieldroad

starfieldroad chew up your love then swallow

good news, hoping they nail it again.

some shows cannot maintain the mojo over a hiatus like this... some of them cannot maintain it even during a regular run.

9. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

You're going to wait awhile. Amazon's current deal with HBO won't give them season nine until three years after it airs. Have you looked into HBO Now?

10. Myke

3 years goes by like nothing for me. 3 years ago I retired, and it feels like last week.
    No, I stopped watching broadcast television shortly after retiring. Too annoying to be considered entertainment to me, let alone having to pay for it.
    Stopped paying for Premium channels even further back than that, as my home library of DVDs and Blu rays began to grow.
    I'll be fine.
    I'm happy.
    Thanks.

11. Do you have "a system" to keep from misplacing your DVD cases?

MikaelaArsenault and Myke like this.
  12. Myke

While I of course get the reference, yes. I'm the only one in the room. Same for my son / roommate, back in his room. Cheryl looked good, but she was a PITA.

13. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

This news made my day. I hope everyone is back (Jeff, Funkhouser, Susie, etc).

14. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

15. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

16. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

now we get to wait another 3 years for Larry to write the episodes

MikaelaArsenault and jriems like this.
  17. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

Not a chance....next spring at the earliest.

18. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

19. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Okay. I was just speculating. You obviously have sources that know for sure.

20. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

I obviously don't know for sure, no ones does....but historically "Curb" seasons have taken an extremely long time to produce. David is very deliberate about scripting and editing, not to mention clearing all these name actors schedules. The fact that no one knew about this until today means the process isn't very far along...

21. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

She must be giddy.! George is getting happy. :)

22. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

23. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

TITMOUSE !

24. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Finally, something good to watch again in that great wasteland of TV programming. A few exceptions, but mostly dreck.

Larry: I’d rather have the thieves than the neighbors-the thieves don’t impose. Thieves just want your things, neighbors want your time.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.