Current Fleetwood Mac Rehearsals That Have Just Wrapped Up...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Larry C. McGinnis III, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry C. McGinnis III

Larry C. McGinnis III Hyperactive! Thread Starter

With Christine rejoining the band, I will be interested in the subsequent live album/video and studio LP. I am a fan of the 1967-1970, 1971-1974 line-ups mostly, but, I have always dug Christine's contributions to the various line-up's there after.

I know they just concluded rehearsals, has there been any interesting news, tid-bits, etc. Any surprises set list wise? As this may be the last ride around the sun, I'm hoping a few surprises could be featured.

Hep Alien and footlooseman like this.
  2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I saw a photo somewhere that had a board of songs they were working on in the background, and they were all the obvious ones you would expect.* I doubt there is much scope for surprise, with adding Christine's hits back into the set.

*Lindsey's song "I Know I'm Not Wrong" was there, but they've been doing that on their last few tours, even though IMO it doesn't work particularly well onstage.

Larry C. McGinnis III likes this.
  3. Brother Maynard

Brother Maynard Forum Resident

I'd like to hear her do Spare Me a Little of Your Love. I don't recall hearing that in the last reunion incarnation.

4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Did they ever do "As Long As You Follow" live? I'd really like "Think About Me" to get played, but I doubt they'll actually be adventurous with the set.

5. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

My missus who does like Fleetwood Mac, is not a Christine fan. Says she just dosent fit in , like someone let their Mom join the band.

duggan likes this.
  6. music4life

music4life Senior Member

Since both Stevie and Lindsey have included solo songs in the set why not let Christine do "Got a Hold On Me"?

7. Brother Maynard

Brother Maynard Forum Resident

She does have a bit of a Partridge Family/TV band stage presence, doesn't she? She's had some great songs, though.

8. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I think she's crucial to this incarnation.

9. Squealy

I just read an interview with Stevie where she said she is performing "Seven Wonders" again, because it was featured in "American Horror Story," but I don't know whether she meant she's going to do it with Fleetwood Mac or if she's been doing it in her own shows.

theMess likes this.
  10. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

I agree. Im a fan. Rumours is one of my all time favourite albums. Just a comment from her that made me laugh :)

11. Squealy

Christine's the reason they can get away with touring again only a year after their last go-round.

Hep Alien, chumlie, Mark and 3 others like this.
  12. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Like Shirley in the Partridge Family? That's an odd take on things. Probably a real minority view.

somnar, Fullbug and Aftermath like this.
  13. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

Yeah. That's what I told her.

theMess likes this.
  14. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Tonight's the night!

footlooseman likes this.
  15. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I dont think much of the Tusk material worked well onstage, aside from a few tunes...based on the 1979/80/82 shows I've heard:

Tusk - Worked great...a new spin on the song w/Christine on accordion. The 1982 performance from Los Angeles is quite energetic
    Sara - Worked great
    Not That Funny - Worked great, miles better than the studio version
    Sisters Of The Moon - The 1982 performance from Los Angeles is qreally good.

Brown Eyes - worked ok
    Save Me A Place - worked ok
    Angel - meh!
    What Makes You Think You're The One - Fantastic studio track, didn't translate well to the stage.
    Think About Me -worked ok.

Hep Alien and Shak Cohen like this.
  16. Tell your missus she's very, VERY wrong!

17. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Jeremy Gelbwaks :D

18. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

I hope they do "World Turning"

longaway, agentalbert and artfromtex like this.
  19. Squealy

They did Beautiful Child when I saw them ten years ago. Lovely song on the record but onstage it goes on and on without really building to anything. Storms, which they did five years ago, is also kind of an undynamic song but it sounded nice.

There's a live version of Over and Over on Fleetwood Mac Live and it sounds good.

JimC, theMess and MikeVielhaber like this.
  20. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I would put the odds at around 10:1 in favor.

Fullbug and gregorya like this.
  21. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

Absolutely. I think she's the real grounding center of that band, aesthetically.

Sort of like Bill Berry in REM, I didn't realize how much she contributed until she wasn't there anymore. I'm glad she's coming back.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  22. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Mick said they won't be recording shows except the possibility of a special show.

From the rumors (or confirmed as some of these are) I've heard the only interesting set list choices are the Tango songs that Lindsey never played on such as Little Lies and Seven Wonders. Also Hold Me which they only did on the Mirage tour. Also Brown Eyes for another song that hasn't been played in a long time. I don't see any obscure choices being made here. The only pre-BN era I can see them possibly doing is Oh Well.

23. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I saw the Tusk and Rumours tours. The Tusk tour had more Lindsey and was much louder. The Rumours tour was more of a hits friendly show.

Sisters of the Moon was a definite highlight, with Stevie looking crazed and speaking in tongues. They've started doing it again, but it's not the same.

theMess likes this.
  24. Yeah, 'cause the other band members are so lacking in talent compared to her :sigh:. Christine McVie IS Fleetwood Mac. She taught Lindsey Buckingham how to really do it; how to write songs, how to arrange and produce; how to push the boundaries. God knows the guy needed her assistance :whistle:.

25. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I wish they would do Why or Hypnotized (in honor of Bob) and I really, really wish Lindsey would stop with I Know I'm Not Wrong...always my least fave on that album, it's just bunching up the other new wave-y songs. bleh. Think About Me would also be a good one to do. I wish Lindsey would do Tango!

I'm going to see them on Halloween...maybe I should dress up as a Penguin:)

Fullbug likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.