Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

What an unprofessional article; so a song is a hit (when it wasn't) if the writer likes it (1985) but a lesser Wings song if he doesn't (Let Me Roll It)? Since when is 'From Me To You' skiffle and 'In Spite Of All the Danger' an R&B song?

Also, just because the author was tired before the concert even started doesn't mean that Paul was tired, like he insinuated; Paul has said that the shows give him energy and he is a very fit person. I'm glad that they enjoyed the concert, but many things are incorrect, especially for a short review.

2. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

3. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

I stopped reading when he whined about Paul playing a new song (and he called it "tepid" :realmad:) and called Let Me Roll It a "lesser song".

Anyway, I guess due to these people Paul plays so many Beatles songs lol.

4. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

:D
    I think something about Texas being the only US state with a flag emoji on Twitter was trending a while back lol, most people not noticing it's the Chilean flag. Like the article said, not an uncommon mistake at all, even among Texans.

I DO hope it's a sign of things to come :goodie:

5. tootull

6. tootull

7. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I dream about Ringo too ... ;)

Got to hand it to Ringo (and Barbara) though. He was smiling and friendly throughout. But I would be pissed at any cameramen chasing after me when getting off a plane.

9. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. Arnold Grove

Paul and Ringo are looking at the person (off-camera) holding the microphone. George is looking at the photographer. John is spacing out.

Haristar and Mr. Explorer like this.
  11. Johnny the Fox

Johnny the Fox hot to hustle

Reading a football story today, it was unusual to see a mention of our boy at the end of the article:

Plenty of special guests have come through the bowels of Gillette Stadium, but it was still odd to see Paul McCartney, in town for a special event, whizz by on a golf cart after the team’s media availability.

How are the Patriots preparing for the Chiefs? Running hills - The Boston Globe

(As mentioned in the ES thread)

Mr. Explorer and Martin de Dios like this.
  12. Haristar

I was watching an interview Paul made about working with Elvis Costello, and he said a really odd thing about people wearing glasses:

At 1:22

I usually like to support Paul and believe in what he says but what a load of rubbish IMO.

13. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Wow, that's a really bizarre statement! o_O

14. “You talking to me?” LOL

Not that Macca needs any sympathy, but you gotta see his point - when he says virtually nothing, he gets slagged as vacuous.

When he says something less than two thumbs aloft - he gets criticized.

I say Smile Away, smile away........
    • [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  15. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

A news about Paul McCartney's "Nova"...

"Buttons, a new musical fairy tale film from creator director Tim Janis takes you on a journey to discover that sometimes believing can be the greatest adventure of all!

During a time of robber barons, mills, and rising industry, two orphan children meet two unexpected visitors (Dick Van Dyke & Angela Lansbury) who turn the tide of events and change their lives forever.

Narrated by Robert Redford and Kate Winslet, the film also features actors Abigail Spencer, Jane Seymour, Roma Downey, Ioan Gruffudd, Katie McGrath, Robert Picardo, Charles Shaughnessy, Paul Greene, John de Lancie, and "Nova" a song written by Sir Paul McCartney. The film introduces Alivia Clark, Noelle Parker, Devlin Stark, Julia Burrows, Reilly Anspaugh, and Tom Rhoads.

16. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I assume it's this composition:

Nova Linda McCartney

theMess and Mr. Explorer like this.
  17. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

I think so...or a new version?

From the album A Garland For Linda:

"Nova (Arranged by John Harle) 6:28 minutes"

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    theMess and Mr. Explorer like this.
  18. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Between 2000 and 2001, three versions of Nova were released. The Garland for Linda one, credited to "Sir Paul McCartney, The Joyful Company Of Singers," the live NPR disc Selections from A Garland For Linda, performed by the Loma Mar Quartet, and a disc called Music Of Hope, with a version by the London Symphony Orchestra.

19. Arnold Grove

"Secret Life of a Nova Girl"? ;)

theMess, Mr. Explorer, jmxw and 3 others like this.
  20. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I was just watching this: Paul answers the web's most searched questions. (Sorry, if this was posted already.)

21. Haristar

WHAT? HOW DARE YOU ASK ME THAT?

theMess, Mr. Explorer, FKA002 and 3 others like this.
  22. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Yeah, many people speculate it was a question about the old 'Paul Is Dead' thing.

Btw, when the question 'Did the Beatles play at Woodstock?' came up I was hoping he would say a little bit more than just 'no'.
    Like, if he and the group maybe thought about playing there and later regretted not doing it or something.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

It also has Angela Lansbury in it.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  24. Frank

Frank Senior Member

...or is she?!?
    [​IMG]

25. gponter79

gponter79 Forum Resident

Well most of the Egypt Station threads seem to have been closed now. Just need to vent my frustration at PM.com or (digital stores U.K.) I’ve had the ltd Ed Green Spotify vinyl of Egypt Station on order from the moment it was announced. After many emails of delay they’ve just told me this title will not be released until 31/12/18 which is complete rubbish as people have already received copies when the album was released. Clearly they’ve taken more orders than they can supply.

What a disappointment. Anyway, how’s your day going? :)

Mr. Explorer likes this.