Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

I subscribe to Apple Music and today's New Music Playlist, for me, includes a song by Max Frost. A single called Good Morning.

Partial lyric:
    In the future, now the past can't harm me
    Forget about yesterday, Paul McCartney
    I'm feeling like a Beatle on stage

I looked on wiki and couldn't see the song referenced, so maybe it is a brand new release.

2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged Thread Starter

Released yesterday, according to youtube:

theMess and Zeki like this.
  3. MySweetFork

MySweetFork Pete Best

funny because this video is only going to get a micro-fraction of the viewers compared to McCartney's fanbase

FKA002 and revolution_vanderbilt like this.
  4. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Anyone looking for any actual information or news or insight can pound sand.

Anyone curious about the groundbreaking way Paul McCartney handles jet lag (spoiler alert: go with the flow): click here.

Sorry, no coloring pages this month.

Suddenly Mary McCartney in Wingspan seems like Mike Wallace.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    theMess, JLPMacca, Mumbojunk and 2 others like this.
  5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Now I'm getting worried. Something must really be wrong with Paul ... ;)

6. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Nah, I'm fine thanks. Just a little tired... :)

7. Arnold Grove

Whew. Thank goodness... ;)

theMess, Mr. Explorer and Paul H like this.
  8. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Good to know :)

theMess, Mr. Explorer and Paul H like this.
  9. Paul H

How rude of me: I should have added that I hope you guys are well.

theMess and Mr. Explorer like this.
  10. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

Jet lag?

11. Paul H

Nah, I'm okay with that. I just go with the flow.

12. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

So I was listening to a batch of work in progress recordings from the Kanye West 'The Life Of Pablo' sessions, which leaked around the same time of the release of the album.

I knew of the existence of the "demo" version of 'All Day', but I always questioned the authenticity of the full thing because I thought it was just a complete mishmash of all kind of earlier leaked snippets, including an unused reference vocal - Kanye used a bit of his flow, he's credited for it - by Kendrick Lamar, which could've just been pasted in the final version to make an "unique" version. It also included a cringy EDM drop which Kanye West would have never used and which already would've sounded dated before release, and the piano+orchestral interlude afterwards sounds like a Kanye West circa 2010 imitation, and he never repeats himself. That was the moment I always skipped it.

Until just then. Guess what, at the very end there's an unused Paul McCartney vocal! Kanye West - All Day [RMX] (ft. Kendrick Lamar of Black Hippy, Paul McCartney of The Beatles, Allan Kingdom _ Theophilus London) - vidéo Dailymotion

theMess, Mr. Explorer, Tord and 8 others like this.
  13. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Excellent find!

14. Mamunia

Mamunia Forum Resident

15. Mamunia

Mamunia Forum Resident

Paul is back on Ryan Tedder's instagram today, this time accompanied by Spike Stent, looks like he's in the mixing process!

16. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

17. MsMaclen

MsMaclen Forum Resident

Marry a Carrot likes this.
  18. revolution_vanderbilt

You might wanna screenshot it. Those disappear after 24 hours.

19. MsMaclen

MsMaclen Forum Resident

Hope Ryan doesn't mind...

[​IMG]

theMess, Zeki, Mamunia and 5 others like this.
  20. MySweetFork

MySweetFork Pete Best

I'm not sure if anyone posted this, correct me if i'm wrong - but one of Paul's managers Scott Rodger interviewed with a lesser known music site (Super Deluxe Edition.com) a little less than a year ago and he "assured" one of the interviewers of the website that Wildlife and Red Rose Speedway were being discussed as potential future releases.

McCartney’s manager reaches out to explain Flowers in the Dirt downloads | superdeluxeedition "Paul’s team work on one project at a time because there may come a point where the record label says there is no demand anymore. Despite this, I was assured that loads of potential projects are being discussed such as Wildlife and Red Rose Speedway."

This was almost a year ago, keep in mind, so maybe there will be an archive announcement alongside the album announcement, which maybe a determinant of why the new album is taking so long. Could one of you McCartney experts enlighten me if he has previously announced a new archive title alongside a new album?

theMess and Zeki like this.
  21. mrjinks

Have no fear - that [SHHH!] "interview" [/SHHH!] was dissected word-by-word (probably in multiple threads here) last year.

And no, Paul hasn't released an archive release in close proximity to a new release (though there have been only two) since the reissue series began.

22. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

New footage from the Dr Pepper's Jaded Hearts Club Band moment with McCartney himself.

theMess, Zeki, nowhereman87 and 5 others like this.
  23. mrjinks

Kind of a cute pic of Paul, Mary & Stella on Twitter for International Women's Day:
    [​IMG]
    Enjoy the day, Ladies! Or should I say, enjoy the day, @MsMaclen, since you're about the only one* I know who frequents our Beatle threads!

*Not sure if I should count Glenn here - I hear he has a fondness for dressing as a woman... :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    theMess, bob60, Mamunia and 5 others like this.
  24. Arnold Grove

^^^
    "Sitting on the sofa with a sister daughter or two..."

theMess, Oyster Boy and Mr. Explorer like this.
  25. revolution_vanderbilt

Here's something of (possible) interest:

Kenney Jones

On Facebook, Kenny Jones writes:

"My only attempt at a single. Had lots of fun recording but think I will stick to drumming in the future!
    Also did a few tracks with the renowned Mentor Williams - So HIgh and Baby Blue Eyes. Trying to hunt down the tapes."

For those who don't know, So High and Baby Blue Eyes are two unreleased songs from Kenney Jones recorded in 1975, and feature Paul on bass (and maybe backing vocals.)

of course, in the comments, he also wrote this

"Got the rough guide but with Mentor's vocal. Unfortunately Mentor passed away a year and a bit ago so dont know if I will ever find tapes."

:shrug:

find those tapes!!

theMess and Johnny Reb like this.