Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

21 songs!!! Who Cares and Confidante have to be in the documentary.

theMess and Paperback Writer like this.
  2. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Worldwide.

Paperback Writer likes this.
  3. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Video: Inside McCartney Guitarist Rusty Anderson's Expansive Shared Home Studio

He’s a six-string master who’s played with everyone from Elton John to Springsteen to Rihanna. Take a tour through the genre chameleon’s Malibu studio.

WATCH NOW ››
    SHOP GEAR FROM THE VIDEO

jlf, JDeanB, Who Cares and 1 other person like this.
  5. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Just a word to the skeptical: I know you're thinking you don't really need to read another McCartney interview (scrambled eggs, movement on his shoulder - you won't!, lost the love of his life, found himself in a Tokyo jail...). But Mr Jinks has just posted a link to one of the great McCartney interviews, the kind he gives only once every decade or so. Do read it. It's great. And thanks, Jinksy -- that was a true public service! If it hadn't been for your endorsement I certainly wouldn't have read it!

Skywheel, supermd, theMess and 2 others like this.
  6. Agree, wonder if he’s also trying to undermine some of the future headlines the Lewison book would get in the future.

theMess and Rob Hughes like this.
  7. supermd

supermd Senior Member

May be worth buying the actual magazine for posterity, huh?

Rob Hughes, theMess and mrjinks like this.
  8. Frank

Frank Senior Member

And napkins! Winston Churchill!

9. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Would have been nice if From Me To You was included (it was played at Abbey Road, right?) but at least I have the Grand Central performance in top quality from the stream :)

10. Fab Four Revolution

Fab Four Revolution Forum Resident

So turns out the whole concert has been posted on Spotify to a playlist... one that doesn't show up on Paul's profile (a couple of videos were posted to his 'This is Paul McCartney' playlist which IS on his profile, but I digress).

Anyway - you can watch the concert here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWVvMxmMKHa4i

11. Fab Four Revolution

Did he? There's more songs available on the video Spotify posted (see post above) but From Me To You isn't included at all, so I don't think he played it?

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  12. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

You're correct. He did not play From Me To You.

13. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I don't have or even know what spotSpois really. Can you tell me if this is something you can buy as an actual album like on iTunes or is it just a streaming thing?
    Thanks .

14. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

15. Fab Four Revolution

Spotify is an online music streaming service. Basically you pay one low fee a month ($9.99USD) and you get unlimited access to their music catalogue of tens of millions of songs (at least 35,000,000+ tracks, but I haven't looked it up for a while). You can still access it for free, but as a result the songs are lower quality (160kbps?), there's ads every few songs and you can't download them for offline play.

Sometimes Spotify with collaborate with an artist to do new live recordings of their music, which they release as Spotify Singles. In this case, they collab'd with Paul and recorded a private concert he did at Abbey Road a month or two back. As such the album is only available to listen to on Spotify so you will not be able to buy it on iTunes and I don't see it coming out physically either as almost every Spotify Single has remained exclusively on the streaming service.

The albums here https://open.spotify.com/album/7piDt78gLATzAQv5JtQ4I7?si=c2ORNtb0Rri2BcWCWjNj2g if you want to make a free account, and then listen with an ad between every handful of songs.

Wiserforthetime likes this.
  16. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

So even if you have a paid account you can't burn it like you can from iTunes?

17. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

Again, fantastic interview. This should be the template for future interviews with Paul.

18. Fab Four Revolution

No, you can't burn it to disc. Keep in mind you're paying to have access to their massive library, not paying for specific songs as the traditional model of iTunes/CD/vinyl buying is.

However one thing Spotify has truly nailed is making it available EVERYWHERE. The Spotify app is on so many devices, computers, smartphones, tablets, game consoles, smartwatches, televisions, receivers, portable speakers, hell even some cars have it built in now. So if you want to play it nice and loud, it's very easy to find a device that will play Spotify and plug into a proper sound system to play it there if you want to :)

19. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Spotify is amazing, I love it.

Fab Four Revolution likes this.
  20. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

You can download songs with a Spotify subscription? How does that work? I thought Spotify and Apple Music were streaming only, but if I can download tracks for offline listening, I might start paying for one of them...

21. Fab Four Revolution

Yup, that's partly why people pay for the subscription, and both Spotify/Apple Music let you do it. For both platforms, it's basically as easy as hitting 'Download' on the album or on the song you want to save, but here's specific instructions for both:
    Apple Music
    Spotify

Sean Murdock and Mr. Explorer like this.
  22. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

Thanks for link.
    Mac seems remarkably relaxed in his reflections these days. Makes it completely plausible he has a few more decades to go.....

theMess and mrjinks like this.
  23. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

The man is everywhere. Every day it seems I read a new interview or see a new webcast or video. What a time to be alive.

theMess, angelees, Wingspan and 3 others like this.
  24. K.K. Bing

K.K. Bing Forum Resident

25. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident