Curse of Oak Island Season 6 to include crossover with Ancient Aliens. I am not making this up

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Spaghettiows, Oct 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident Thread Starter

Curse of Oak Island has been a guilty pleasure of mine, but it looks like they are going completely off the rails this time. I could at least buy the premise that something interesting probably happened there centuries ago, even if there is no treasure to be found.

But if they need to shoehorn Ancient Aliens into it, I'm done.

‘The Curse of Oak Island’ Season 6 Air Date, Spoilers: Showrunner Reveals New Details as Filming Begins Earlier Than Planned - EconoTimes

Marty Lagina has also teamed up with “Ancient Aliens” Giorgio A. Tsoukalos so they can investigate the Sardinian ruins in Italy. Burns, who produces both “The Curse of Oak Island” and “Ancient Aliens,” relayed that there will be a crossover episode and it will show the two explorers checking out the ancient carvings and megalithic sites in Sardinia.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  2. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

I watched about two episodes of the first season and determined this show was completely off the rails. What does 6 seasons of something like this look like?

3. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

4. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

I'm with the OP.
    The show is fun. I think something has happened on that island, but any treasure is gone.
    I'd like to find out just what went on, but Ancient Aliens isn't going to help them get to the truth.
    So I think I'm out on this show.

Spaghettiows likes this.
  5. Led9

Led9 Forum Resident

Do ancient alien theorists ever say "no"?

6. Keith Richards.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

8. Bring in the crew from Ghost Hunters and you have a trifecta of nonsense that will be unbeatable!

9. Spaghettiows

I think they should bring in the Bigfoot hunters. There has to be a Bigfoot on Oak Island. Could it be possible that Bigfoot is guarding the money pit?

10. I like it. Bigfoot, with the assistance of ancient alien technology and some sympathetic ghosts, continues to keep the vast hoard of treasure a secret from our intrepid investigators.

Damien DiAngelo and Spaghettiows like this.
  11. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

The episode with Georgio & Marty in Sardinia already aired on Ancient Aliens. It was predictably bad. Both our intrepid hunters were searching for the remains of giants or the graves of giants on Sardinia. I don't think they found anything, but that didn't stop the endless speculation. What am I typing? Of course they didn't find anything. Hopefully the Georgio/Marty hookup was a one-off. I sort of enjoy Oak Island. Like others have posted, something probably happened there in the past, most likely pirates burying treasure, but legend takes over and runs rampant.

12. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Pawn Stars not available?

Spaghettiows and Ghostworld like this.
  13. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Duck Alien Dynasty.

Borgia likes this.
  14. I miss the History Channel.

Borgia, Damien DiAngelo and loudinny like this.
  15. Spaghettiows

If they ever find treasure, the Pawn Stars will be called in to see if they are interested in buying it. Rick Harrison will make a lowball offer and complain that there are condition issues and it will take him forever to resell it. No deal made, but hey, at least the Pawn Stars took a shot at it.

The Hud likes this.
  16. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

The Pawn Stars are nothing if not predictable. :)

17. loudinny

loudinny Forum Resident

Amazing it’s essentially the same episode every week ... meet, search, dig, find nothing & repeat. Lost interest after 2 or 3 episodes.

18. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

That sounds like it sucked so bad... i'm sorry I didn't see it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.